Notices

Air Horns on a go-fast?

Old 05-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Horns on a go-fast?

Anyone here on OSO install air horns on their boat ? There are so many jet skiers and guys in boats who are oblivious on L.I. that I feel if I install a REAL LOUD air horn on my Sonic it would make me feel that much safer for me and my family...... I was told to go to this website (http://www.kahlenberg.com/index.html) to by one but my problem is I feel they may look stupid on the boat... Anyone have some clever mounting ideas or possibly a small horn that is as loud as the big ones ? and by the way I am looking for other boats to here me way before the would be able to turn in to me........thanks in advance...................John.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
Anyone here on OSO install air horns on their boat ? There are so many jet skiers and guys in boats who are oblivious on L.I. that I feel if I install a REAL LOUD air horn on my Sonic it would make me feel that much safer for me and my family...... I was told to go to this website (http://www.kahlenberg.com/index.html) to by one but my problem is I feel they may look stupid on the boat... Anyone have some clever mounting ideas or possibly a small horn that is as loud as the big ones ? and by the way I am looking for other boats to here me way before the would be able to turn in to me........thanks in advance...................John.
We had an airhorn that mounted inside the engine compartment in our old Nova II. It sounded like a damn freighter. It operated off of two of those air cans, it was fairly small, and it was electronic actuated. It really turned some heads when we would honk it. I'm thinking about putting a set up like that on my current boat. My horn isn't working right now anyhow, and I'd love to get it off of my deck.

FWIW - As easy as the canned compressed air setup was to install and how little room it took up, I wouldn't bother with a compressor type system.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Registered

That'll be great during a safety check when the water patrol asks if your horn works.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dredd
That'll be great during a safety check when the water patrol asks if your horn works.
LOL, be sure to hand the earplugs
Old 05-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

half of the hialeah douchebags in miami have them, they are great for annoying the **** out of everybody at the sandbar. For your purposes doesn't sound like a bad idea but if you see a boat with them here = douchebag!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Listen to the T-3A. That should do it

http://www.kahlenberg.com/commer.html#246
Old 05-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
I hear you. Since I've owned my boat I've put 3 electric horns that West Marine sells....but htey crap out after a year or so and sound like a VW. I'm re-doing my boat now and had am upgrading to an air horn. This is what I got from Amazon HERE for $285 with compressor.

AFI 10106 Heavy Duty Marine Dual Trumpet

Enjoy!!!
Attached Thumbnails Air Horns on a go-fast?-horn.jpg  

Last edited by PhantomChaos; 05-12-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

I would think a jet skier or whomever doesnt hear a Sonic with some nice headers cruising, no air horn would do the trick, but I guess its better to be safe
Old 05-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
I hear you. Since I've owned my boat I've put 3 electric horns that West Marine sells....but htey crap out after a year or so and sound like a VW. I'm re-doing my boat now and had am upgrading to an air horn. This is what I got from Amazon HERE for $285 with compressor.

AFI 10106 Heavy Duty Marine Dual Trumpet

Enjoy!!!
Looks good to me.......do you think that would be good in the bilige ? Or on the boat somewhere.....? Thanks for the lead.......price is right .........
Old 05-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Offshore Dreamer
I would think a jet skier or whomever doesnt hear a Sonic with some nice headers cruising, no air horn would do the trick, but I guess its better to be safe
You would be shocked how oblivious some are.......in my 10 years of owning boats I have seen guys do really stupid things and have had two incidents with jet skiers that were out of complete negligence by the jet skiers.........my wife now is a nervous wreck when on the boat now and starts yelling at them anytime they are around me.......I want to be able to make sure they know I am there........and by the way you are in Locust Valley ? were not to far away, I am in Manhasset........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.