Commentary: What if Reggie Fails? >

Commentary: What if Reggie Fails?

Notices

Commentary: What if Reggie Fails?

Old 05-14-2011, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
What happened to all the talk about partnering with another builder ?
why would Skater want to partner with fountain? I'm really not a fan of his boats..He started off copying an excaliber, claimed his boats were so much faster than anyybody elses, but his boats are really 5 ft shorter than advertized, so your not comparing apples to apples,, he didnt invent steps ,but braggs like he did.. Yes he built with good quality, and supported offshore,,.But wasted too much cash doing it..
Old 05-14-2011, 09:02 AM
Registered

...last line says it all...because he's good at it...
Old 05-14-2011, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I thought RFP was a done deal but now he needs to raise five million bucks to start up? Lotsa luck with that.....
Old 05-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,234 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
What happened to all the talk about partnering with another builder ?
Partnering with an existing boat company is simply one way to start a new boat company without a heavy capital outlay on the part of the owner of the new company. In essence, that makes the existing builder an investor, and like an investor the builder has to weigh the potential risk and reward, then make a decision.

At this point (and, yes, according to my sources have been discussions) with other builders there have been no takers. I think that speaks more to the state of the market than anything else.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

IMO, basically, it was a way to float some vapor and interest in the press, and divert attention from what was perceived to be bad publicity. It worked to some extent. If you control the initial perception, you can pretty much control what gets publicized after that.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 11 Posts

What if the Fountains built be Liberty fail? Anyone know what direction that side is pursuing? Fish, performance both ?
Old 05-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Partnering with an existing boat company is simply one way to start a new boat company without a heavy capital outlay on the part of the owner of the new company. In essence, that makes the existing builder an investor, and like an investor the builder has to weigh the potential risk and reward, then make a decision.

At this point (and, yes, according to my sources have been discussions) with other builders there have been no takers. I think that speaks more to the state of the market than anything else.
Do you also think there are no takers because #1 the market does NOT need another Cat or V-hull manufacture regardless of who it is, #2 RF is obviously not a safe investment risk. He obviously did a poor job of managing money on at least 2 different times at Fountain, and #3 when is it time to pack it in? Like was previously mentioned, he is in his 70's.....Time to retire!

Oh by the way, Last time I checked when you go bankrupt you usually don't have money, other businesses, and cash laying around. The firends that i have that were unfortunate to have to file had to rebuild their credit even to buy another house or car. How is it that he was spared personal bankruptcy while the vendors and employees suffered?

Anyway, I am done with the RF subject. Old news...

Outerlimits new cats, Skater 388SLW, Nortech 52, DCB M35, Mercury 1350's, MTI, Sterling, Potter, Teaugue, etc..
That is the new new news. Hard workers who have whethered most of the storm who continue to develop new products and stand by their customers...

Enough said!
Old 05-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
I may be wrong but 5 million cost about 40k a month if you sell a decent amount of boats and you know he canIt's a safe bet!Maybe the 5 million is to get Fountain back from Liberty??
I think if you looked at the numbers, 5 mil would be a little short

How many people would it take to get $5 mil together and front RF and just hope for a good outcome? Not often you have a track record to go by. My guess is that not a single Fountain Powerboats shareholder would buy in, what do you think?
Old 05-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Cavanti53
Do you also think there are no takers because #1 the market does NOT need another Cat or V-hull manufacture regardless of who it is, #2 RF is obviously not a safe investment risk. He obviously did a poor job of managing money on at least 2 different times at Fountain, and #3 when is it time to pack it in? Like was previously mentioned, he is in his 70's.....Time to retire!

Oh by the way, Last time I checked when you go bankrupt you usually don't have money, other businesses, and cash laying around. The firends that i have that were unfortunate to have to file had to rebuild their credit even to buy another house or car. How is it that he was spared personal bankruptcy while the vendors and employees suffered?

Anyway, I am done with the RF subject. Old news...

Outerlimits new cats, Skater 388SLW, Nortech 52, DCB M35, Mercury 1350's, MTI, Sterling, Potter, Teaugue, etc..
That is the new new news. Hard workers who have whethered most of the storm who continue to develop new products and stand by their customers...

Enough said!
I love Reggie and what he did for our sport but this post is very well written!! Maybe he is more concerned about getting his sons set up.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Reggie is what he is. A lot of people might argue that he's ALREADY failed. In terms of his new venture--whatever it will turn out to be--I don't know that it will be that big a deal. We'll see...

That doesn't take anything away from what Reggie has brought to the sport and the industry. He's definitely been a unique, driven and talented character in a sport that can always use more of those kind of people. Hats off to him and whatever he tries to do from here on out.

Like they say in the SAS - "Who Dares Wins."
Reggie's won his share.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.