If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Boats:
    Phoenix, Havasu, Newport
    Quote Originally Posted by darkostoj View Post
    when did you look at it last fall? I saw the boat for sale in january but didnt know he had been selling it for that long?

it seems like there are a lot of deals out there to be had, but even if I did come across one I wanted to try and keep the boat under 20k....I dont think i can get close to what this boat offers for that price range.

Having said that I am not jumping into this blind, I'm weighing all my options. Even though the boat isn't optimal, an off brand, needs touch-ups, owned by a shady guy, etc I'm mechanically inclined and the boat is down right built like a dinosaur....old simple technology.
    Well how about this.
    Count on at least 450 for a set of gauges + labor to sort it out, say 1500 for basic interior work and depending on the survey you may need some wood repair/ glasswork. You need a survey before you take any more steps though. I have a feeling the moisture meter is going to peg on this for some reason.

Forum Regulator VIP Member Sydwayz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37' Active Thunder AVH; 17' Speedliner Cat OB
    If you buy that boat, you will own it forever. You will only be able to sell it for parts. Used boats are getting cheaper and cheaper. Come time to sell, every buyer will pass on that one off in favor of a known brand and setup.

Where are you going to get parts for those V-drives?

My Boats:
    Team Baja's 38 Poker Run Special
    The Woodlands, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by darkostoj View Post
    I just hope I can figure out a way to get the hull ID number checked out somewhere to make sure they are no stories, and I'm going to work on picking this thing up this week if everything else checks out.

If worse comes to worse I own a salvage yard so I part things out for a living.
    If your in the auto salvage busines you should certainly know someone in the title business. If you call the state and ask them to check for liens or judgements they're not going to tell anyone except the registered owner.
    I tried that route with the boat I just bought and learned it the hard way after sitting on hold for over 20 minutes.

Honestly, If you can pick it up in the high teens and you feel you'll be happy with the performance "Go for it"
    I do agree on the seatrial if you pass on a survey. Offer up a hundred bucks for fuel and put her out in the water for a good warm up and then a spin to see how it handles the load on the engines. I'm curious, does the gauges offer an hour meter?
    IMO, it's a good looking boat form the side and even better looking at the rear of the cockpit, if it has a galley, head, and room to stand up in the salon it really is a lot of boat for the money. I just paid double that for the one being deivered to me this weekend, and it has issues. I'd of bought yours in a millesecond for 15 - 20k. Like yourself I was looking for a first larger boat and wanted something I could turn without taking to much of a hickey if necessary.

See ya,

My Boats:
    30' Scarab II 1980 Laveycraft Day Cruiser
    I have had several V Drive boats mostly flat bottoms and hydro's but have ran V Drive cruisers and love the simple reliability of them
    I really like that boat and wouldnt hesitate to consider it if everything checked out and looks like allot of boat for the money
    it does seem to be more of a performance cruiser but thats not a bad thing

My Boats:
    39' Ocean Express cat,18' Kustom Cat ("Mini me") , Aquasport CC
    Monroe Mi.
    I just found these pics from last year.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123