Notices

Cmi Big Tube headers

Old 05-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out hurricane headers by hardin marine sold by DIAMOND MARINE Bill is great to work with and has a great price on them. mine are 2 1/4''' inside id od is about same as cmi. I went with 5'' tails dry.but have a stud to remove for a little water to cool mufflers if needed. there 316ss made same as tails, where cmi uses 304 I think for tails. I will be testing by the end of june Ihope .had another surgery over the winter but am back at it with the boat. my motor is a 572 gellner 1100hp plus. I hope it gets good mpg. but anyway Bill has been great to work with at DIAMOND MARINE so I am sure he could give you a price on both. also not as bling but will out last any header is the 5'' stainless marine gen 3 exhaust there great. Ihave gen 2s on my 509.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
check out hurricane headers by hardin marine sold by DIAMOND MARINE Bill is great to work with and has a great price on them. mine are 2 1/4''' inside id od is about same as cmi. I went with 5'' tails dry.but have a stud to remove for a little water to cool mufflers if needed. there 316ss made same as tails, where cmi uses 304 I think for tails. I will be testing by the end of june Ihope .had another surgery over the winter but am back at it with the boat. my motor is a 572 gellner 1100hp plus. I hope it gets good mpg. but anyway Bill has been great to work with at DIAMOND MARINE so I am sure he could give you a price on both. also not as bling but will out last any header is the 5'' stainless marine gen 3 exhaust there great. Ihave gen 2s on my 509.

Good to hear from you Art!

Are you back together and running?
Send me a link to your beast so I can see it!

Hope all is well with your health.

Uncle Dave
Old 05-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skydog
Boy just read tons of scary stuff about them leaking water in too cyls! What is the first sign? Of them leaking? I would think water would show up in oil real fast...... As about first sign....
Thank u
More steam then usual. Also if you pull the header off, there might be a collection of water. It's worth pulling them off in the middle and end of the season to pressure test them....could save you a lot of money in the long run.