Notices

Lake Texoma Boat Wreck

Old 05-15-2011, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Texoma Boat Wreck

Jeff Bain died last sunday morning after he had lost direction. Jeff had a problem with one of his eyes. The other eye he had lost his contact. Jeff had dinner at the island at Lowes saturday night, with one of my other buddies JV. JV had just put his boat on the boat lift@Alberta Creek, when a striper guide came and said some one hit the rocks. JV went over there and said it took him a while to find him, IT WAS VERY DARK. JV sat on the rocks holding Jeff for one hour. The Paramedics were across the cove in the parking lot and could of came over there. JV called them repeatedly for an hour telling them to get in the striper guides boat with a stretcher. AN HOUR AFTER THE FACT THEY DID! I GUESS WHEN YOU ARE HURT YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO GET ON SKIS AND TAKE YOURSELF TO THE EMS. SO WHAT WOULD YOUR MINDSET BE TO SET WITH SOME1 FOR AN HOUR WITH THE EMS RITE THERE AND THEY SAY BRING THEM TO ME? I tried to retrieve the boat last sunday when i got called@445am. The lake patrol told me that he had been drinking they know this because they seen a ice chest with beer in it. I would consider he was drunk if I seen a single beer can,WOULDNT YOU. I GAVE THE EULOGY AT THE FUNERAL, ALSO WAS A PALLBEARER at the funeral. This guy had a boat slip between me and my dad@Alberta Creek. I was suppose to be with Jeff saturday nite. He was a Gentleman and would do anything for a stranger. I sold him that boat it was old and heavy, and would not run 65. He lost direction it was very dark his daughter told me at the funeral on wednesday. A GREAT GUY! THAT WILL BE MISSED FOR A LONG TIME. ALSO THEY WOULDNT MEDIFLITE SAID HE NEEDED TO BE STABLE. IF YOU GET HURT AT TEXOMA, PRAY YOUR ON THE TEXAS SIDE. They tookj him to Madill,ok hospital. The same1 that sent my mom home with a broke back when I was a kid. Told her she was ok, that she would just be sore. God Bless Jeff and his Family.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Registered

Wow. Thank you for the insight on this. I'm sorry for your loss.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:42 AM
Registered

VERY SAD RIP Jeff
Old 05-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very sad and very frustrating.

R I P
Old 05-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry for the loss.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

My Condolences to Jeff Bain's family and friends and to you for your part in trying to do what you could for your friend Jeff and letting all of us know what had happened. RIP Jeff
Old 05-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Registered

I appreciate the replies for Jeff. The good guys are always the ones we lose.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Very sad and frustrating story. Sorry to hear.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Registered

sorry for your loss, always hard to lose friends and loved ones,especially when they die for stupid reasons, my thoughts and prayers for his family and friends , love it when the patrol makes assumptions, cooler= driver drinking,
Old 05-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chuck
Very sad and frustrating story. Sorry to hear.
X2