Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again

Notices

Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again

Old 05-16-2011, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
"You aren't trying if you aren't cheating" -Jim Rome

Do you guys get this wound up when nascar catches cheaters as well???

I though it was all part of racing not just boat racing.....
To quote Jim Rome relating anything to racing is absurd!! Hes a cornball

Nascar catches cheaters, yes but do people get wound up? Probably, but probably not like this. Nascar has many things that boat racing doesnt have and the most important being STABILITY. Lol

Last edited by ILMORdude; 05-16-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He got caught at two races in a row. What would happen if a NASCAR team was busted for cheating at roughly 25% to 30% of the races they participated in?

His son and daughter have both raced with him. "So Pops, are we gonna get DQ'ed again this race?" What an idiot he is.....
Old 05-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
All due respect....who really cares?

There were boats running by themselves in their own class...All they had to do was start the race to win....It was a joke!

I think the spectators would have goten more value for their money paying to watch the poker run fleet do a fly-by...

Seems to me that if you want to complain about cheating, maybe it ought to be in a setting thats meaningful.

OSS race in Biloxi with less than 10 boats? Snoozefest...So not meaningful in any way...

All the best,
Hans
As most of us know, money is tight! There was 11 boats, and we all worked our butts off to put on a good show. Maybe you should ask the missing boats were they were as 42 had claimed they would be there and didn't show. So be it. OSS worked very hard to put this together and even discounted the fees to help. They are working on new ways to get a bigger turnout at other locations by asking the teams what they can do to help them get there. My hats off to the OSS leaders for playing very straight with us and treating us with respect. And we did get everything they said we would.

Thank you OSS from Team Purrrfect 417!
Old 05-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Registered

Let,s see here ,........
They ( team fountain ) took their Top Throttleman , ( ,by their fans own admission )
Along with a one off brand new hull , ( questionable at best ) along with the latest fountain technology ,
and STILL felt the need to

.!!!!!!!!!!!...................CHEAT .............................!!!!!!!!
to beat a 10 year old boat ??????

Kudo,s to Maddog He almost got,em even with the cheating going on . LOL

Last edited by bobo; 05-16-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You know, I own a Fountain, I like my boat beak and all, I've had my picture taken with Reggie (twice) and everytime one of these episodes gets going I always think the same thing: "It doesn't matter what they are saying about you, as long as they are saying it."---P.T. Barnum
Old 05-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Registered

Cheating comes at a price...it may not be directly visabile immediately but it will tarnish their character in time. Its interesting to see how little or great standards people will allow to compromise their integrity!

you have to ask who is assembling the motors and rigging the boat...are they installing illegal parts on their own or being paid to do so by the person funding the effort??? so who is to blame for the illegal parts and how does reggie have to do with this???

i am sure there is less than 1% of us who can answer these questions to get to the root of the problem!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 11:21 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

I just want someone to repost the xtranormal video from after Key West. It was F'n classic !!

I remember this line:

"Christ, I think the whole Saratoga Stampede boat went out of the factory through the back door." (or very close)

LMAO !!!
Old 05-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Registered

Default 11 boats at a race

Can anyone call it a race if only 11 boats show up? Sounds more like an exhibition. Is this an indication of things to come for the OSS Series this summer? OPA has a great group of racers that continue to support the race venues and each other and make sure that a good showing will take place. This is just another example of where the bickering between the 2 series's needs to end and an agreement needs to happen between the 2 and combine to make 1 great racing association. With 1 strong series, offshore racing can weather the economy and come out strong, but if racers continue to be divided and split between racing venues and loyalties, it could be the demise of offshore racing and many people will be disappointed. With the season still early, I am hoping that boats were delayed in rigging and testing and this is not an indication of things to come or it could be a very long summer.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by StClairRaceFan
Can anyone call it a race if only 11 boats show up? Sounds more like an exhibition. Is this an indication of things to come for the OSS Series this summer? OPA has a great group of racers that continue to support the race venues and each other and make sure that a good showing will take place. This is just another example of where the bickering between the 2 series's needs to end and an agreement needs to happen between the 2 and combine to make 1 great racing association. With 1 strong series, offshore racing can weather the economy and come out strong, but if racers continue to be divided and split between racing venues and loyalties, it could be the demise of offshore racing and many people will be disappointed. With the season still early, I am hoping that boats were delayed in rigging and testing and this is not an indication of things to come or it could be a very long summer.

X2
Old 05-17-2011, 07:40 AM
Registered

It is a big deal that a team got caught cheating. TWICE
Does it surprise any of you that a fountain was caught cheating at a boat race? They are always suspected and sometimes caught.

If any of you fiollowed the SVL drama last year, the V Lite class was heading in a possitive direction. Boat counts were coming up, competition was close and most of all we were all friends. We all helped each other. And would not consider cheating. Then, one week before the first race of the season, a new boat comes along. (Fountain) They Did not go through standard procedure with the tech commitee, 90 days prior to first race. This was a one off boat. No drawings or specs were submitted to OSS for approval. But OSS deemed him legal to race. the owner would threaten a lawsuit if anyone got near his boat, including tech inspectors. He felt he was above everyone else and did not have to follow standard procedures. After that, the class fell divided and boat count dropped off. I must say in my opinion, Brian Foreskin and Doc Janssen are two of the most arrogant people I have ever had the displeasure of racing with. We Were warned repeatedly, not to let this boat run with us, but we did any way and look what happened.

With regards to Biloxi. A great site by the way. I feel bad for them. But in my opinion the poor turnout is the fault of OSS. They had no schedule until late winter, when the other two orgs had their schedules posted. the teams decided that they would make their schedules with what was already published. They didnt know if OSS would even post a schedule other than Biloxi. Last year, we had 9 boats in our class. Thats all they had total this year.

So yes... you can call it a race if only 11 boats show, but they would need to be in the same class.

Last edited by BRUCE SEROFF; 05-17-2011 at 07:43 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.