Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again

Notices

Doc Jansen & Forehand cheating again

Old 05-17-2011, 07:47 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,709 Likes on 3,785 Posts

Originally Posted by smcser
As most of us know, money is tight! There was 11 boats, and we all worked our butts off to put on a good show. Maybe you should ask the missing boats were they were as 42 had claimed they would be there and didn't show. So be it. OSS worked very hard to put this together and even discounted the fees to help. They are working on new ways to get a bigger turnout at other locations by asking the teams what they can do to help them get there. My hats off to the OSS leaders for playing very straight with us and treating us with respect. And we did get everything they said we would.

Thank you OSS from Team Purrrfect 417!
good to hear this
Old 05-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
With regards to Biloxi. A great site by the way. I feel bad for them. But in my opinion the poor turnout is the fault of OSS. They had no schedule until late winter, when the other two orgs had their schedules posted. the teams decided that they would make their schedules with what was already published. They didnt know if OSS would even post a schedule other than Biloxi. Last year, we had 9 boats in our class. Thats all they had total this year.

So yes... you can call it a race if only 11 boats show, but they would need to be in the same class.
In regauards to the late schedule, all of the sites on the "late" schedule are not changing. Can't say that about OPA can you?. I can not lay blame only on OSS but what about the racers that were no shows? Why didn't you show? Has OPA done anything to help the racers out on reduceing fees? Will you beable to race free with OPA this year? OSS lowered the fees becaused we asked for help. We all got paid at the end of the day also. We all had a great time too. Look, if all the orgs could just work on working together and the racers work together, then just think of how big a race site would be. As for only 9 boat for all year, I guess we will have to see how it goes. Maybe stop the bashing to both orgs and say how good it went instead, then maybe it will get better also.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Registered

Maybe stop the bashing to both orgs and say how good it went instead, then maybe it will get better also.
Maybe re-read your post and take a little of your own advice. Why bring OPA into this??? They have a KILLER schedule, a laundry list of dedicated racers that far exceed ANY OSS race I can think of as of late and not to mention work closer with the teams than any other organization.

I supported OSS when they were the original "racers" organization with the support of all the Supercat guys. I wish OSS the best but dont see anything but troubles for them in the future. Posts like this only reaffirm those thoughts.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's funny because when Reggie was there it was always Reggie that was cheating. Now he is out of there and it is Fountain (the company I guess) that is cheating. Does anyone really think that the board of directors are sitting around at a board meeting trying to figure out a way to cheat their SVL boat? That would be like blaming Ford if a NASCAR team got caught cheating.

If you have a bad apple you have a bad apple, but don't blame it on the manufacturer.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Big Time
It's funny because when Reggie was there it was always Reggie that was cheating. Now he is out of there and it is Fountain (the company I guess) that is cheating. Does anyone really think that the board of directors are sitting around at a board meeting trying to figure out a way to cheat their SVL boat? That would be like blaming Ford if a NASCAR team got caught cheating.

If you have a bad apple you have a bad apple, but don't blame it on the manufacturer.
That might be true. However, when Fountain's #1 setup guy is on the owner's payroll. And Throttling the boat. It goes beyond one bad apple. Not to mention, Jannsen is one of Reggie's best customers and Reggie is a patient of Jannsen. So...I'de say they're pretty tight.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:16 AM
VIP Member

In regauards to the late schedule, all of the sites on the "late" schedule are not changing. Can't say that about OPA can you?. I can not lay blame only on OSS but what about the racers that were no shows? Why didn't you show? Has OPA done anything to help the racers out on reduceing fees? Will you beable to race free with OPA this year? OSS lowered the fees becaused we asked for help. We all got paid at the end of the day also. We all had a great time too. Look, if all the orgs could just work on working together and the racers work together, then just think of how big a race site would be. As for only 9 boat for all year, I guess we will have to see how it goes. Maybe stop the bashing to both orgs and say how good it went instead, then maybe it will get better also.
Yo numb nutz. Leave us out of this one. Yes our teams race for free.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
That might be true. However, when Fountain's #1 setup guy is on the owner's payroll. And Throttling the boat. It goes beyond one bad apple. Not to mention, Jannsen is one of Reggie's best customers and Reggie is a patient of Jannsen. So...I'de say they're pretty tight.
So your saying they have a "you crack my back and I'll bust yours" type of arrangement??
Old 05-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Registered

As most of us know, money is tight! There was 11 boats, and we all worked our butts off to put on a good show. Maybe you should ask the missing boats were they were as 42 had claimed they would be there and didn't show. So be it. OSS worked very hard to put this together and even discounted the fees to help. They are working on new ways to get a bigger turnout at other locations by asking the teams what they can do to help them get there. My hats off to the OSS leaders for playing very straight with us and treating us with respect. And we did get everything they said we would.

Nicly said, People need to be put in the promoters shoes for a year of prep, and then see if they would make the same comment. You just don't know who will show up. IT IS WHAT IT IS according to ZIPPER, and that how it gose. I would go to a one on one race. Jeff
Old 05-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
So your saying they have a "you crack my back and I'll bust yours" type of arrangement??
One could assume
Old 05-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Registered

Money is extremely tight ...agreed. But in my opinion, had they reduced the fees a month ago, they might have had a better turnout. I know I would have tried to make it. I enjoyed Biloxi and enjoy racing with OSS. I dont know where you got that number of 42 boats committed. Its a bit overstated. But then again, all orgs over estimate their expected boat counts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.