Lake Cumberland water level >

Lake Cumberland water level

Notices

Lake Cumberland water level

Old 05-10-2011, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Lake Cumberland water level

We haven't been to Cumberland in a couple years, not because of the water lever, but other reasons. What's the water level like this year? Can you get back to 76 falls?
Old 05-10-2011, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

As of right now, because of all the rain we have had, the lake level is actually above or at "normal summer pool". They are however trying to pull it back down. There is quite a bit of debris and tgrash on the lake as well. There should not be any trouble getting to 76 Falls for the next weekend or so.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.duocounty.com/cam_lake01.html

Here is a link to the Jamestown cam. You can see debris floating between the docks. First of the month you could walk across that same area..
Old 05-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Go to lakecumberland.com... When the water gets back down you can not get all the way into the falls, the new party spot is Harmon creek!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 339 Likes on 118 Posts

Pics from this past Saturday. The fourth pic is from behind the falls . Yes, we got a little wet
Attached Thumbnails Lake Cumberland water level-iphone-005.jpg   Lake Cumberland water level-iphone-020.jpg   Lake Cumberland water level-iphone-021.jpg  

Lake Cumberland water level-iphone-019.jpg   Lake Cumberland water level-iphone-022.jpg  
Old 05-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Pics from this past Saturday. The fourth pic is from behind the falls . Yes, we got a little wet
Very cool pic's....thanks!

Will there be any water there in July or August?
Old 05-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
nice pics, i've been there a bunch of times in the past (in the 90's) and the water was way lower then that the falls were twice that height. Heck i dont think I've ever seen more then a trickle over the edge. Can you still jump off it? I've done it dozens of times and every time i made the climb up the tattered old rope on the right side there was some kind of laminated article of someone dieing there (i was younger and dumber). Great place to spend a weekend, i always went after labor day and got a houseboat with a hot tub from State Dock
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 05-10-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Registered

In normal times it is usually higher in the spring, then they would start dropping the lake after the July 4th weekend. Sine they satrted work on the dam some 4 years ago they try to keep the water level at 680 above sea level. Right now it's about 725. I'm sure the COE would love to drain it back down to 680 asap but the downstream conditions don't allow for that. Last year the COE took a ton of heat for dumping water into the system druing a 100 year flood and contrbuting to the flooding of downtown Nashville Tenn, so I've heard that they plan to only drop the lake 6 inches a day this time - so it should be up here for quite a while.

The falls hasn't been the party spot since they started work on the dam and dropped the lake to 680, but yea, crazy peeps were still jumping off when the water patrol wasnt around - a few with tragic consequences.

Our place on Cumberland is just a few minute from the falls at on top of the hill at Grider Hill Marina. We love Cumberland. For an inland lake it just doesnt get any better than Cumberland.
Attached Thumbnails Lake Cumberland water level-view-deck.jpg  

Last edited by Marginmn; 05-10-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Were there a buch of trees floating or was it mostly little stuff?
Old 05-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Registered

We only went back to the falls and Brown Creek because there is a bit of everything out there. But it's patchy, some areas are totally clear. Didn't see any trees but there were some good sized logs mostly around the marina. Never made it out to the main lake but I have heard it is worse - and this is suppose to be the clean end of the lake. With them dropping the lake a bit now and with some wind we should be ok by Memorial Weekend. I would not want to be out there at night.
Attached Thumbnails Lake Cumberland water level-iphone-018.jpg  

Last edited by Marginmn; 05-10-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.