Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hydrohoist question (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/253695-hydrohoist-question.html)

brian18330 05-16-2011 02:24 PM

Hydrohoist question

I have a Hydrohoist 9000B, the front is sitting a little lower then the back but its full of air and doesnt leak. Any suggestions? Anyone know of someone on the Jersey Shore who services them? Thanks
P.S Has anyone ever actually experienced a boat rollong off one of these lifts? I have a heart attack everythime I lift it!

HiPerf2000 05-16-2011 02:47 PM

If its not leaking, then there's not much to service. sounds like the boat may be positioned too far forward. can you move the boat back ? if not you may need to move both the cross members back.

if it sits level when fully inflated without the boat on it, then your problem is the boat being too far forward.

brian18330 05-16-2011 02:55 PM

I am putting the back cross member in the middle of the engine compartment. It used to sit level. It doesnt sith perfetcly on the rails though.

Ran-Dom 32 05-16-2011 03:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
just let some air out of the back & your good to go, I've had my HH for 6 years & 4 different boats, always have to adjust the amount to air to keep the front up a bit. My 42 is a bit much for it to handle, mine is a 4 pontoon style, I just pump the front full & let some are out the ass end:drink:

Ran-Dom 32 05-16-2011 03:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's a better pic of what I mean,

Turbojack 05-16-2011 09:21 PM

When you say front are you talking about the end of the tank that the hose does NOT connect to?

Based on what side is front, your tanks could be air locked. Look at the Hydro hoist web site and they show how to get the air out.

Boat will not fall off lift if you have the braces on. This is the angle iron that goes from the bottom of the pad brace angled up to the pad. You should have them on the front and the back. If you do not have these it would not take much for your boat to fall on the lift when the brackets holding the pads fold forward or to the back.

If boat was level before sitting at same location, have you added or removed something to change the center of gravity?

shotgun 05-17-2011 09:48 AM

I have a 20k lift and the back always sits a little lower than the back but never any leak off or any problems at all. As to the heart attack raising and lowering, take your time don't get into a hurry and believe it or not it gets easier every time and pretty soon you will be a ble to operate the HH without any reservations!

Good Luck.

brian18330 05-17-2011 11:38 AM

Thanks for all the info, I think I have the braces, if your talking about the "V" 's connecting the bunkers. Also, how do you go about replacing hoses, would the boat roll or anything, say if the front right tube leaked all the air out? Thanks again