Who Went to Brick/Pt Pleasant Race? >

Who Went to Brick/Pt Pleasant Race?

Notices

Who Went to Brick/Pt Pleasant Race?

Old 06-02-2002, 10:11 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Question Who Went to Brick/Pt Pleasant Race?

Who all went to the race this weekend? Who won? Any info on how many boats were there? Does anyone have any pics they can share? The wind was kicking a$$ today, what was the seas like? A typical Jersey race... 8 to 10 footers....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-02-2002, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leaving Atlantic City this morning I went to the beach to take a look at the ocean, all I can say is WOW was it nasty. I even talked to a few guys that were heading towards the race who all said we are going inland. I would love to hear how the races went.
Old 06-02-2002, 11:53 PM
Registered

I watched of the race today, anchored off of point pleasant beach, and it looked like Bandit Racing took the P1 victory. Wind was out of the west, so there werent big swells. Conditions were the worst on the northern leg, going into the last turn. Probably about 19 boats ran the race. One was painted in the dry martini colors, looking like the boat that used to run the benihanna back in the late 70's (he broke late in the race and had to be towed back). A couple of boats broke, but everyone seemed to get home safe. Ive been checking the web for more results, but cant find anything yet.

BTW, sharkeymarine...are you a tim sharkey from point pleasant beach, used to ride a decent bmx bike? if thats the case, i grew up 2 blocks from you, and my dad worked across the street from where you grew up.

Still looking for more info....gonna check the racers forum.

McGary911

Last edited by McGary911; 06-02-2002 at 11:57 PM.
Old 06-03-2002, 06:13 AM
ck54
Gold Member

Default Point Pleasant

Anyone know what happened to Firewater(41 Appache) and that canopied Gladiator? Saw them at the pits but neither one made it to the race.
Firewater came all the way from Ft Lauderdale.
Old 06-03-2002, 09:14 AM
Registered

Got some results: F1 - Team Typhoon led until a wet ignition took them out, leaving Team Gecko the victory.
F2 - Team Gladiator cig wasnt allowed to run due to a bad SCUBA valve, leaving the victory to Outlaw.
P5 - Club Egan took the win, after the other 2 boats, Simply Awesome and Extreme Air dropped out with mechanical problems.
P4 - 3 boats ran, with Bronx Bandit taking the win.
P3 - Instigator was in front until they lost a motor, leaving Wassup to take the win followed by Dry Martini.
P2 - Firewater didn't make the start (don't know why), leaving 32' Skater Relentless ran unchallenged.
P1 - Bandit Racing the only P1 entrant took the overall win.

Thanks to NJ offshore Racing Association for getting the results to me so quickly.

Here's a pic of the Firewater Apache that ck54 wondered about. Pic taken at dry pits at Windward Beach, in Brick, NJ.

I have some other pics from the pits as well, just ask and i'll post them.....I just don't want the page to take too long to load unless someone wanted to see the pics.
Attached Thumbnails Who Went to Brick/Pt Pleasant Race?-firewater.jpg  

Last edited by McGary911; 06-03-2002 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-03-2002, 10:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

As stated above, we were not allowed to run due to a problem with our onboard air system. We had a seal let loose at the crane just before going into the water. We could not get it fixed in time to run the race.

Firewater left the pits, but was towed back in before reaching the race course due to an overheating problem with their engines. They do not know if it happened in the pits or somewhere else, but they later found shop rags stuffed up into their water pickups.

I will post some pictures from the race when I get them developed.

Lynch Mob (F2-3)
Old 06-03-2002, 10:52 AM
Registered

Shop rags in the water pick ups????
Old 06-03-2002, 10:54 AM
Boat Girl

Hey Hot Duck...see you and Scooter Boy in Marathon...Sorry to hear you couldnt run...

Old 06-03-2002, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I was there in a Top Gun and made the trip from Jones Inlet, L.I. What a NASTY ride home!
Old 06-03-2002, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hot Duck,

Felt bad for you guys when I heard on the radio that you couldn't make the start..I was one of the guys assisting with your numbers in the morning..and was aboard Pace Boat 2..hope you can make it back up next time!

Quick Reply: Who Went to Brick/Pt Pleasant Race?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.