Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What would U say about this one...... >

What would U say about this one......

Notices

What would U say about this one......

Old 05-29-2002, 10:51 AM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would U say about this one......

I might have the opportunity to swing a deal on a bigger sled......

Here's what she is......It's a 1989 Baja 252 but she is 27 foot.......being a little uneducated in the Baja line-up I would appreciatte a little info on these guys......

What I do know about it is that it has a 1999 Gen V 454 that was put in a year ago......also it has a new fuel tank done by performance marine here in daytona.......

The boat itself is almost all red with some graphics donw the side.......some light fading but nothing major.....just lots of red in and out.....it's in great shape in my eyes.......and he said he wil take 18K........So tell me what ya think.....Thanks.....
Old 05-29-2002, 10:53 AM
Registered

Is that Shorgasm? Uh,Oh....
Old 05-29-2002, 11:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Shor!
Cool...get a survey and if it checks out, go for it.
The price is right for that year and that model(although check to see if it's not a "250" or "265" -- these were the models available, the 252 came later I think). If it's got one year fresh power and properly maintained it sounds like a good deal.

Old 05-29-2002, 11:05 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Shor,
I just sent you a PM.
MD
Old 05-29-2002, 01:16 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Shor.
I had a 1990 Baja 250ES with 454 mag. Great boat. Loved it. Definitely would like it better than the Bayliner. (It was 26' 9" OAL)

It ran about 61-62 with the 454 mag. The 89 and 90 are the same except the 90 had nicer cabin couches with backrests underneath. $18k doesn't sound too bad if it's in good condition.

Never had a problem with the boat at all. Friend of mine has a Force 265. Another great boat, porpoises a little, but he's got the small tabs on it. But a great boat.

If you're not going to get into a beak boat, I suppose it would be okay...LOL! Why would you want to pay fora 25' boat and get a 27'er? Should be the other way around, right?
Mark
Old 05-29-2002, 03:05 PM
jokerswild

Hey shor, check out www.nada.com first to make sure you're in the right ball park... Theres a tab to go to for boats... and lick BajaDaze said, definitely get it surveyed. Good luck.

nick

Old 05-29-2002, 04:02 PM
Banned

What kind of drive is on it?
Old 05-29-2002, 04:19 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Right,,, sounds like a 250 es,,, in 91 the same boat was a 270 es, they started counding the swimplatform ( crap,,, its still a 25 !!!! ),,,,, I have a 97 BAJA 272 that I say is really a 25 footer !!! Like was said,, not a bad price if its in good shape with a railer,,,, spend the money and get a survey and see ya on the water !!!