If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Platinum Member Platinum Member fantastixvoyage's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Livonia, MI
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Spray View Post
    Certainly, having 400 pounds less engine weight would move the CG further forward. On the other hand, there have been at least two other 388's with Arneson's and big power, so I'm sure the setup will work. The two boats that I remember were "Double Trouble" and "Black Cloud", which had HUGE power, and ran some really big numbers. I personally saw Double Trouble run as solid 110+. Like you said, if there are any issues, the Arneson guys would be my first call.
    I believe this was the first ilmor/arneson package (at least for Hustler) and like I said it wouldn't take much to make it work. The boat in the pics is the one I remember. it was in the showroom at LCM so we couldn't run it but I do know it had some handling problems originally and the sales guys flat out couldnt sell it because of this. All in the setup, looks like someone (with the right knowledge) took the time to work it out. Hell it could have been as simple as the wrong props.

Then again maybe the LCM boys were getting spoiled with all the Ilmor Outerlimits coming thru the doors!!!

Rockin' boat with killer package! Have fun guys!