Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Joplin MO tornado (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/254151-joplin-mo-tornado.html)

ItsPeanut 05-23-2011 01:01 PM

The power and destruction of these tornadoes is insane. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected.

BigSilverCat 05-23-2011 01:06 PM

we are all ok.. when i get some good internet i will post some pics... it completely changed the look of the town.. all the trees in the path have no bark on them from debri hitting them and stripping them.. it was weird pulling piles of trash where there was a house and getting down to a bath tub and there were people in it alive with there cats... i always hear if you see a tornado coming to get in a bath tub and never thought that would help but most of the people that we dug out that were alive were in a basement or a bath tub and the rest of the house looked like just a pile of rubble.... i dont have a bath tub, might have to go get one.

I have pretty much lived in this town my whole life and have driven down every street thousands of times and know this town like the back of my hand, and last night i was trying to find my way back to my house to get more pry bars and tow straps and all the buildings and house were gone to the point that i could not figure out where i was.
thank you for all the thoughts and prayers

Tyson

Downtown42 05-23-2011 01:16 PM

Unreal. May God Bless all.

Coolerman 05-23-2011 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat (Post 3410446)
we are all ok.. when i get some good internet i will post some pics... it completely changed the look of the town.. all the trees in the path have no bark on them from debri hitting them and stripping them.. it was weird pulling piles of trash where there was a house and getting down to a bath tub and there were people in it alive with there cats... i always hear if you see a tornado coming to get in a bath tub and never thought that would help but most of the people that we dug out that were alive were in a basement or a bath tub and the rest of the house looked like just a pile of rubble.... i dont have a bath tub, might have to go get one.

I have pretty much lived in this town my whole life and have driven down every street thousands of times and know this town like the back of my hand, and last night i was trying to find my way back to my house to get more pry bars and tow straps and all the buildings and house were gone to the point that i could not figure out where i was.

Tyson

Wow, glad you are ok. Didn't the NWS call it an EF3? Wouldn't it have to be much stronger to strip the trees of their bark? It looked much stronger than an EF3 from the pics of the damage and of the actual tornado.

Gordo 05-23-2011 01:27 PM

Tyson.
Glad you're OK. Thanks for the info

Tigeman 05-23-2011 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by LV (Post 3410126)
Tornado!

This is the pic I've been looking for from grand.

Sea-Dated 05-23-2011 04:11 PM

Death toll up to 116 in Joplin :(

johnnyboatman 05-23-2011 04:28 PM

Seems All To Familiar, Our Thoughts And Prayers Go Out To All.

RebarBox 05-23-2011 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat (Post 3410446)

Tyson

Tyson,

I'm a phone call away. Let me know if I (we...ie business, equipment, workers, etc) can do anything.

Chad

rlj676 05-23-2011 05:45 PM

Prayers to all.

As a MO (grew up in Lee's Summit) boy at heart, these things really hit home.