Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bonnier Acquires Powerboat—Powerboat Shelved (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/254331-bonnier-acquires-powerboat%97powerboat-shelved.html)

King Creole 05-26-2011 10:15 AM

Jason's article will be in the September issue of Performance Boats. The feature will run in both editions; lake and offshore.

We are running a "print only" subscription special for $14.00 but you have to call the office @ 702 313-1400.

fountainfan42 05-26-2011 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by rexone (Post 3413334)
Chris may not see this right away, so here is a link.

http://performanceboatsstore.com/subscription-c-6

thanks so whats the dif from the lake to offshore additions ? will do a subscription this afternoon

BlackJack58 05-26-2011 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by fountainfan42 (Post 3413445)
thanks so whats the dif from the lake to offshore additions ? will do a subscription this afternoon

Offshore edition: geared more toward the kind of boat you would use to make it around Long Island or over to Bimini.

Lake edition: shallower-V, cat and flat-bottom hotrod boats that you might use to fly down the inland lake to get a beer at (insert name of watering hole here)

More or less....

GRH 05-26-2011 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by iamjoe (Post 3411654)
sure am glad I renewed my subscription................... If I wanted a subscription to BOATING, I would have bought one.

Come to think of it, I just got a renewal for the subscription last week!!!!! Makes you wonder why a mag that is obviously being sold (I highly doubt that this just came up in the last week) would attempt to mislead their subscribers into thinking they would be around for another subscription cycle. Sems pretty kind of dishonest to me

+1.... I have subscribed to PBM since 1980..... sad to see it go for sure.... but it is a real sign of the news print industry.... thank you internet!

BROWNIE 05-26-2011 12:57 PM

Gold Rush was a Shead blowing over in England. The one you are thinking of was "Paradox" in Nawlins

thirdchildhood 05-26-2011 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by BlackJack58 (Post 3413479)
Offshore edition: geared more toward the kind of boat you would use to make it around Long Island or over to Bimini.

Lake edition: shallower-V, cat and flat-bottom hotrod boats that you might use to fly down the inland lake to get a beer at (insert name of watering hole here)

More or less....

What if you have a boat that goes off-shore on the Great Lakes and in circles on inland lakes? I'm interested in both. How many issues are in print each year?

BlackJack58 05-26-2011 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood (Post 3413652)
What if you have a boat that goes off-shore on the Great Lakes and in circles on inland lakes? I'm interested in both. How many issues are in print each year?

Hmmmm...that's a gray area. I only do Black & White.

Way too complex question... I think you're trying to trick me into giving a wrong answer! :evilb:

Ask Chris..

King Creole 05-26-2011 04:17 PM

Thirdchildhood

6 Lake editions annually.
6 Offshore editions annually.
6 Digital online editions annually.

When we first launched Performance Boats about 40% of the content was varied between the two magazines. However in the last year, due to economic climate, only the cover and last 16 pages are unique. The remaining 68 pages are the same in both editions. The magazine is printed with UV coated cover in large 9"x11" format. 84 pages total.
You can subscribe to both editions for $26.00 but my advise is to pick one or the other.

Chris Davidson
Publisher

SHARKEY-IMAGES 05-26-2011 05:28 PM

After having my images being printed in POWERBOAT magazine, it confirmed that this was to be a new career path for me...

To have my work published in "THE WORLD'S LEADING PERFORMANCE BOATING MAGAZINE" meant that with their extreme attention to quality and detail, it was a huge accomplishment to make it in POWERBOAT.

I will forever remember the times I had with Tom Newby who was a huge inspiration, dealing with Gregg Mansfield, Jason Johnson, and working side by side with Matt Trulio in efforts to produce some great content for POWERBOAT.

POWERBOAT may be gone, but I look forward to the future working with Matt, Jason & Gregg at some capacity as these men are not known to sit idle for long...

I wish the best to all of you !

It's a sad day in offshore for sure.... :(

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/im...54884816-5.jpg

thirdchildhood 05-26-2011 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by King Creole (Post 3413695)
Thirdchildhood

6 Lake editions annually.
6 Offshore editions annually.
6 Digital online editions annually.

When we first launched Performance Boats about 40% of the content was varied between the two magazines. However in the last year, due to economic climate, only the cover and last 16 pages are unique. The remaining 68 pages are the same in both editions. The magazine is printed with UV coated cover in large 9"x11" format. 84 pages total.
You can subscribe to both editions for $26.00 but my advise is to pick one or the other.

Chris Davidson
Publisher

Thanks for that info. I will subscribe ASAP but I don't see why you don't just put it all in one version. The big boat guys probably still like to read about smaller boats like Cig 20s and I still want to read about the bigger boats like the new Merc 1350 boats coming out of Pier 57. It's all good. You just can't forget that the majority of performance boaters can't afford to buy or run a multi hundred thousand dollar boat. I'd prefer 12 issues in print too. Just my 2 cents.