Bonnier Acquires Powerboat—Powerboat Shelved >

Bonnier Acquires Powerboat—Powerboat Shelved

Notices

Bonnier Acquires Powerboat—Powerboat Shelved

Old 05-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

done..

Last edited by RiverDave; 05-29-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,224 Posts

I promised not to chime in here again but I just can't resist ... I thought the resume thing was pretty funny, too.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:42 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
I promised not to chime in here again but I just can't resist ... I thought the resume thing was pretty funny, too.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 05-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

WTF?

Luv ya Matt.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RiverDave
KAP, I'll happily answer your question as to one site and not the other. For articles, we pay the writers, we are happy to have Tank on board, and will most likely be adding more into the future as we reformat the site to hold more editorial content.

As for posting, PB's forum does not receive the amount of posts that it should for a board of it's size. They get very little new posts per day, compared to this place or RDP. That isn't an opinion, nor is it libel.. It's a fact, go click the new posts button each morning and see for yourself.

KAP, if you're gonna dissect anything in the future, please learn the "multi-quote" function on a forum it makes it so much easier for people to understand the point of your posts.. The only one of which I'll be addressing right now as it's relevant to me.

KAP, your logic is leaving somewhat to be desired here. So every employee of every company in the world is a nut swinger?

I think it'd be far more safe to say a person with zero interest (except for perhaps some future promises.. of maybe some coverage of a new boat? LOL) making posts like the one in this thread, or several others on PB, are far more likely to be construed as the above..

In short, I'd say you're using someones nuts as a hand up to put your lips on a certain persons ass.. Careful with that KAP, because ya never know how long they will be around either.

I don't want you coming to me 6 months from now tugging on my nuts. I'd rather it just be a handshake, with some quality content.

I think I pretty well addressed that above.

I didn't quote it, but I'd suggest you take your own advise look in the mirror KAP.. I have no idea what you're interest is, but your agenda is clear, and has been for quite some time.

Let me know when you're new Pom Pom's arrive, because the current ones are getting worn thin. (seriously)

Jesus Chris.. LOL I'll admit it was funny (the resume part)

Since you have opened yourself up on a public forum though and not on your own.. You're also subject to one of KAP's so called cross examinations..

Would it be fair for me to put "PERFORMANCE BOATS IS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS" on the front of my site? I think you would answer no (or at least I would hope that's what you would answer)

Rule # 1 of business is to make money.

You yourself have told me PB hasn't made money, and your biz plan was to lose 100K this year. You have also told me that you have sunk close to a million over a year ago. (direct from the horses mouth on both accounts)

Logic dictates no money being made = failed biz. Sooner or later it's gonna go under. Unless it starts making some at some point? (Which is doubtful in this market)

So would it be irresponsible of me in an effort "to be first" with breaking news to put that online? The answer is yes..

The fact is, the magazine hadn't sold yet when that article hit. They had a "letter of intent" to purchase. I was well aware of it as well, and you didn't see me put it online, because to do so would've been irresponsible.

The fact that it ended up true in a short time frame afterwards, doesn't excuse the original problem. It then becomes more of a question of "timeline" in the examples set above. When is it acceptable to report rumors as facts, when it's close to happening? Or when it's a year out? Or 6 months?

The answer is simple.. and it's never.

RD
So would it be irresponsible of me in an effort "to be first" with breaking news to put that online? The answer is yes..

You JUST DID River Dave. I actually really enjoyed your Desert Storm coverage and didn't know much about you or RDP. I thought (and was told) that your site is mainly lake and river race type boats NOT offshore.

BUT, I think and I know you were trying to make a point, but to list what Chris has invested and is losing was very disrespectful. I don't know him But I am a subscriber to the magazine and was to Powerboat. Maybe I missed someting but there is a big difference between what he did and what you JUST said.

Rule #1 of professional competition is never bash your competitor. I am in the distribution business and the last thing I will do is list the reasons why someone might fail or bash one of my competitors especially to potential new customers. I didn't see where he attacked or tried to hurt RD or RDP. You also made a point to say his site doesn't receive the number of new hits or subjects as yours or offshoreonly. I like all 3. I think a lot of members on here are also members and /or subscribers of a multiple sites.

Good luck to you, Performance Boats, Boater Mouth, and anyone else that is covering the poker run scene, racing, new procuts, etc. because the options are getting less and less. It's a shame what is happening with a lot of small businesses. (Stu @ FPC, Matt & Tank also - Thankyou. They all do a great job to keep us close to the action!)
Old 05-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Registered

done.

Last edited by RiverDave; 05-29-2011 at 12:45 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Registered

done..

Last edited by RiverDave; 05-29-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:34 AM
Registered

resolved

Last edited by King Creole; 05-29-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:10 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

I am still here covering events all along the East Coast Chris should you need professional content

Here is a list of tentative events for 2011 I will be attending:

http://www.sharkey-images.com/2011-schedule.html

I think the last work of mine published with Performance Boats was the online editions when this economy was just starting in its spiral down turn at which time I was trying to help Performance Boats get through it but who would have ever thought we would still be in this shape today ???

It would be good to talk with ya sometime.

Have a great weekend !

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 05-28-2011, 06:11 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
I am still here covering events all along the East Coast Chris should you need professional content

Here is a list of tentative events for 2011 I will be attending:

http://www.sharkey-images.com/2011-schedule.html

I think the last work of mine published with Performance Boats was the online editions when this economy was just starting in its spiral down turn at which time I was trying to help Performance Boats get through it but who would have ever thought we would still be in this shape today ???

It would be good to talk with ya sometime.

Have a great weekend !

Send in your resume.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.