If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Instrument switches 1989 baja 220 Sport

I am putting in new panels, guages and switches in my 1989 baja 220 Sport. I picked up a set (7) of Faria guages for under $200, thought that was pretty reasonable.

Now I need new rocker/toggle switches. I looked on ebay, local stores, etc and can't find what I want. I need about 5 on-off, 1 mom-off-mom, 1 mom-off, 1 on-off-on. Any good ideas?

Also any suggestion on what to make the actual panels out of? I was thinking brushed aluminum, diamond plate aluminum, or I could use a plastic and have it wrapped in mathcing upholstery...

I can't decide what I should do and pick it up from the upholstery shop tomorrow. I sure would like to have it out on the St Croix for Memorial weekend...

Diamond Member #001 Charter Member C_Spray's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2000 Formula 382 with Innovation 600's
    Coastal North Carolina
    Search ebay for "contura". That will bring up switches, switch bodies, and switch covers for Carling switches, both illuminated and non-illuminated. Tons of choices.
    Retired! Boating full-time now.

My Boats:
    37 Outerlimits
    Gaylord, Mi
    I  Voted
    I used Jim at Top notch when I did mine. I also had a carbon fiber vinyl put on to the orginal dash panel and a sign shop labeled all of the switches for me. turned out nice