Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   dear jack a** (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/254435-dear-jack-%2A%2A.html)

TW720HVY 05-30-2011 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by hotjava66 (Post 3413472)
Its a brave new world. I have a hard time telling if people these days are blatant pricks, or just blatantly oblivious to everything and everyone around them.

I couldn't agree more!!!

pacalim1965@yaho 05-30-2011 06:37 PM

Jonyb, Im just kidding around. it sucks when people are so careless and disrespectful. but we just gotta get along with one another, the best we can.

jonyb 05-30-2011 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by pacalim1965@yaho (Post 3415799)
Jonyb, Im just kidding around. it sucks when people are so careless and disrespectful. but we just gotta get along with one another, the best we can.

I know you were..... It's like my first post said, there's 1 in every group. I've got a wakeboat, but hang out with powerboaters at the same time. I just don't like someone coming on here saying that a certain group of people are douchebags acting like their's none in their group. Most of the wakeboat owners in my area are older and more mature then some of the other boaters, so it's not just isolated to one group.

Bottom line is, I have respect for anyone, no matter what they drive, but only if they know how to drive it.

richanton 05-30-2011 09:20 PM

I guess which type of jackass you have to deal with depends on where you boat. It seems like in CT I mostly run into the type that thinks LI sound should only be enjoyed via kayak, 10 foot skiff, or catamaran.

When we did the photo shoot for the boat, I had to launch the boat and my photographers were rushing me me to hurry up because we were losing light. I was waiting my turn at the ramp and some dude, probably around 60 yr old in khaki shorts and a sweater tied around his shoulders, was loading up his kayak onto the roof of his jeep. Instead of pulling up off the ramp to secure down the kayak , he held up the ramp for 15 minutes while he tied the thing down, then checked every knot, then retied a few of them.

I mean, it's common courtesy that you get your rig on the trailer (or your roof) and you pull out of the way to tie down, do your safety check, etc.

pullmytrigger 05-30-2011 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by richanton (Post 3415932)

When we did the photo shoot for the boat, I had to launch the boat and my photographers were rushing me me to hurry up because we were losing light. I was waiting my turn at the ramp and some dude, probably around 60 yr old in khaki shorts and a sweater tied around his shoulders, was loading up his kayak onto the roof of his jeep. Instead of pulling up off the ramp to secure down the kayak , he held up the ramp for 15 minutes while he tied the thing down, then checked every knot, then retied a few of them.

I mean, it's common courtesy that you get your rig on the trailer (or your roof) and you pull out of the way to tie down, do your safety check, etc.

I get people doing sh it like that at our ramp, usually some beat up old 70s POS bowrider with a 40 Evinrude towed by a '81 Cavalier.....I just start backing down the ramp right at them (a little intimidation) ....when I get within about 10 feet of them I get out and tell them to do that "over there" (out of the way) when people are waiting to use the ramp....their always kind of shocked, apologize and get out of the way.....

I always get the feeling the person was so much in their own little stupid world they didnt know people were waiting even when its painfully obvious.

427 larry 05-31-2011 08:24 AM

This weekend, on the first day, we are all the way back in a cove, next thing I know, a houseboat starts coming back in to our cove. My wife says, they surely aren't comng back here, (the cove was barely large enough to get a houseboat in), but they sure did, got as close to us as they could get. Then we went to to another part of the lake, way back to very end of a cove, was just realaxing, next thing I know, two jet skis come blasting, around the boat, then blasting, between our boat and the shore (maybe 10 or 20 feet). My wife suggested we get a paint ball gun and shoot their a**. F******* a** wipes. This on a 66,000 acre lake, with hundres of coves.:angry-smiley-038: