If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Gold Member Gold Member
    My Boats:
    Phantom 25 (1985) w/Verado 400R

Question Verado production delay ....

I hope you all are well

I placed an order on a Verado 350 sci in December 2011, and was told that it should be delivered in March this Spring. However, in March my dealer in Norway received a message from Brunswick that the Verado 350 Sci production will be delayed until primo May due to lack of a critical component they can not get from their suppliers until the end of April.

I have not yet received any final date for delivery. No news from Brunswick in Belgium. I have called Merc Racing Sales and they have been very helpful. They told me today that they received some parts, but not for all engines on hold..

Have anyone of you experienced the same, and received any more information of what kind of part is missing ... is it connected with the recall for the lower units?

The sun is shining in Norway now, and we are soon approaching boating season....

Cheeers and thanks, Toffen

My Boats:
    353 Fastech
    This has nothing to do with any type of recall, it is simply based on a few components manufactured in or around Japan (or have sub-tier suppliers in Japan).

Production shortages have been further complicated by many boat manufacturers and dealers switching from Yamaha to Mercury since Yamaha is having MAJOR production/logistic issues on its outboard motors.

My Boats:
    1982 Pantera 24sport
    Boca Raton
    I think you mean December 2010