Notices

High performance boating

Old 06-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default High performance boating

High performance boating is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! It's a lot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some weird club.. But it gets mad at you for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which somehow solve themselves only after you try a bunch of different parts and spend a bunch of money to solve it...and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats awsome, and true
Old 06-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Registered

That Is freagin great, and dead on!!
Sums up the last 2 years of my life with women and boats!!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Lets talk about trust. They say there going to change and they act really nice for a while so you plan a trip with them and all your friends. You get your hopes up and spend a lot more money and go out of town with them. She then throws a fit as soon as you get there ruining everyones weekend!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:15 AM
jwp
Registered
Gold Member

So true, And trying to do both at the same time is killing me...
Old 06-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

My friends and I discuss this from time to time.... It really is the worst sport I could have gotten into. That is, financially, physically and mentally! Its all bad. Its 250.00 a day in fuel to run the boat. Thats running the boat for about 2.5 hrs. Then you have food and drinks...could be 100 to 200 bucks right there. So it potentially a 4 to 5 hundred dollar a day hobby. Not to mention, the beating you body takes working/getting the boat ready, hitting waves, and dehydration the next day! Then, if something is wrong with the boat, it becomes my FIRST priority in life! Its all I think about until its solved/fixed. I would say, Im obsessed, and it takes ALOT out of me....but I cant stop!!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Registered

You forgot all the makeup and massaging, weekly oiling and rub downs and if your LUCKY she'll let you ride her once a week!

My wife actually likes this hobby because she knows as long as the boat is around there is absolutely no way i would have time for or the money to possibly get into any more trouble.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:55 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

powerboats are like drug addictions! were is the weekly meeting for overcoming the addiction at?

"hi my name is casey been hooked on boats since i was 10 and broke down and boat a baja at 21. and 4 years later its getting worse."
Old 06-20-2011, 01:15 PM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Hi everyone, I am a high performance boater and I know I need help.... I will commit to vist this forum weekly for all of your support.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Wait until you have 35 plus years invested in to performance boats , two wives ,a truck load of money, seven boats,loosing some good friends on the race circuit, and still knowing that you stiil cant get rid of it......... Its crazy !!!

Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.