Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Are Blue underwater LED lights Illegal in your area >

Are Blue underwater LED lights Illegal in your area

Notices

Are Blue underwater LED lights Illegal in your area

Old 06-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Freind of mine got a warning on Travis for them as well.
Just know if you run colored leds your eventually gonna get stopped.
No different than blasting music or doing anything else attention getting on a high profile vehicle.
You can argue all you want but you are calling attention to yourself by using colors that emergency vehicles use. I myself try to not call attention to myself but thats just me..Been driving boats since 1981, have yet to be pulled over by an LEO in all that time.

Last edited by HTRDLNCN; 06-01-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
No different than blasting music or doing anything else attention getting on a high profile vehicle.
You can argue all you want but you are calling attention to yourself by using colors that emergency vehicles use. I myself try to not call attention to myself but thats just me..Been driving boats since 1981, have yet to be pulled over by an LEO in all that time.
And what's the fun in that?
Old 06-01-2011, 04:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Wet-N-Wild
What lights are you using?

Abyss is what I have.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quinlan
I was told to change my Blue lights on the dock at Grand. I just laughe and said suure! Not till they write me up and then its going to court.
Didnt have my underwaters on at the time.
But they are BRIGHT mofos out of the water!
You can tell them they must be OK now because Arrowhead has a whole bunch of them on their docks now.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:31 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

I think everyone should put a string of flashing blue Christmas lights on their boat for the Christmas Festival of Lights Parade.

Michael
Old 09-23-2011, 08:09 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by E Dock DD
You can tell them they must be OK now because Arrowhead has a whole bunch of them on their docks now.
You noticed that too! lol
Now I have the Fino decked out in the cockpit with the ones that change colors Sweet
Underwaters go on in a month when we pull for bottom job.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN

WOW! that is a great run. I have a saying, "They always have to be f%$king with someone!" Around the river here, if they see you and don't have someone already then your next. This is no mater what. Boating here must be the safest in the country. I have had numerous safety checks and they are always grumpy when I have an answer to their questions. Just looking for anything!
Old 09-23-2011, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by skate
I understand that entirely with the boat on the lift as I had it. We did notice several other boats that night with blue underwater LED lights and there is an obvious diffference when emersed.
Maybe they were MTI guys? lol, they pulled us over on our lake while we were running with them on and said they were illegal also.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by flight club
Maybe they were MTI guys? lol, they pulled us over on our lake while we were running with them on and said they were illegal also.
They absolutely did not like my lights MTI or Skater guys. I bet 99% of the reason they tagged you was to "check out" your passengers AKA Deck Jewlery
Old 09-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Registered

Default LED's

Can you use red led accent lights in the cockpit or will they blast you for that as well? What about RED underwater lights?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.