Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Platinum Member Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    37 Scorpion

BVI & USVI OSOers Official Thread!

Got Inspired from JAy's Photos of the Leverick Bay Poker Run. Thought We could Start a Thread for OSOers in the BVI and USVI. A Place where we could post our boats, follow our projects and exchange ideas. Ill start with posting my own project pics. 37 Scorpoion (Miami Scorpion not Chris Craft).

Nkosi, Island Time BVI Commercial Member nkosi's Avatar
    My Boats:
    30' & 24' Contenders
    Good idea!

No projects for me but this is my 33' PowerPlay SportFish - Tobacco Wharf, Road Town, Tortola. Picture taken over at Peter Island.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Julien Nkosi Johnson
    Owner
    Island Time Powerboat Rental & Charters
    Tortola, BVI
    We rent 30' and 24' Contenders and RIBS in the BVI.

Registered
    My Boats:
    powerplay 25 sportdeck
    why not FWI too ??? we all are carribean !!!

VIP Member VIP Member Bobthebuilder's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2009 Nor Tech 5000 Diesel; 2015 Statement 380 CC; 2014 32' Renegade
    You guys certainly deserve a " Caribbean " section within the " Boating by Region" Forum. Within that larger forum you can each create your own section for USVI / BVI; Puerto Rico; FWI; St Maarten / St Martin, etc. I do not think many people in the US and Canada had any idea just how many avid offshore boaters there are down in the Caribbean until this most recent event. The Leverick Bay, BVI poker run had 135 boats registered for the event and probably another 100 renegade boats running along throughout the day.
    I will lobby OSO on your behalf for just such a section. It will be good for everyone, including attracting new members to OSO. The more people in the Caribbean that chime in here will help your cause.
    Good luck,
    Bob

My Boats:
    Magnum Sport -27 Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder View Post
    You guys certainly deserve a " Caribbean " section within the " Boating by Region" Forum. Within that larger forum you can each create your own section for USVI / BVI; Puerto Rico; FWI; St Maarten / St Martin, etc. I do not think many people in the US and Canada had any idea just how many avid offshore boaters there are down in the Caribbean until this most recent event. The Leverick Bay, BVI poker run had 135 boats registered for the event and probably another 100 renegade boats running along throughout the day.
    I will lobby OSO on your behalf for just such a section. It will be good for everyone, including attracting new members to OSO. The more people in the Caribbean that chime in here will help your cause.
    Good luck,
    Bob

Bob,

I think this is a great idea as I have boated in Puerto Rico and
    attened many of the offshore races(PROA) there over the years. There are many newer/older Offshore/Sport boats in PR, many of them are former race boats that found new homes on the Island.

It would be a wonderful adventure.

Thank you
    Jim

Registered Platinum Member Expat's Avatar
    My Boats:
    46' Skater
    Count me in. I have contemplated starting a thread like this for a long time. To post pictures and stories of boating in the islands. Good stuff.

My Boats:
    37 Scorpion
    Ok fellas, so it's a Go! If we get our own section on OSO we'll make it official. For now, we'll kick things off here. I'll post my project pics tomorrow. There is also a 28' Pantera project about to begin. Do my best to get as many pics as possible.

My Boats:
    37 Scorpion
    Quote Originally Posted by ludo73 View Post
    why not FWI too ??? we all are carribean !!!
    Ludo, sorry about that. I agree 100%! We are all carribean! So let's make it happen!!!

VIP Member VIP Member Bobthebuilder's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2009 Nor Tech 5000 Diesel; 2015 Statement 380 CC; 2014 32' Renegade
    Quote Originally Posted by guilderoy View Post
    Ok fellas, so it's a Go! If we get our own section on OSO we'll make it official. For now, we'll kick things off here. I'll post my project pics tomorrow. There is also a 28' Pantera project about to begin. Do my best to get as many pics as possible.
    Lets see your pics and keep this thread alive. I have submitted a formal request to OSO on your behalf and do not expect to hear back until after the weekend.
    Bob

My Boats:
    37 Scorpion
    Will post tomorrow Bob. Can't figure out how to post pics from my Ipad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast