Outerlimits "no disipline" >

Outerlimits "no disipline"

Notices

Outerlimits "no disipline"

Old 06-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
There's been a 37,39,42, and 46 No Discipline Outerlimits. Here's a pic of the boat going slow through a no wake zone yesterday.
Dan, I sent you that picture you a22clown.

Saw him running yesterday (when that picture was taken) and he seemed to be operating safely. Took his turns wide, away from traffic and kept it slow around the populated areas. What specifically did he do that was unsafe? The jetskiers around freeport are reckless at best.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by richanton
99% of the the performance boat owners that I have met are responsible operators who have taken the time to learn the safe operation of their equipment. This perception that many speedboat owners have more money than brains, or feel that they are above the law, bugs me. Let's face it- money doesn't fall out of the sky anymore so if you are still able to own, maintain, and operate one of these boats today chances are that you have a head on your shoulders and have been successful in many aspects of your life.

I don't know anything about the specific situation, or boat, being discussed here. I do know that there is a way to go fast safely, and just because you are going fast does not automatically mean that you are doing anything wrong despite what the bitter sailboaters want to believe. Sure, we have a duty to be careful in crowded areas and go slow when necessary. But, jet skiers and guys in little flats boats have just as much of an obligation to adhere to the rules of the road and avoid us just as we try to avoid them. I know that they think that they are in the right and I'm in the the wrong just because my boat is bigger, or loader, or faster, so they can do whatever they want, but that just isn't the case.
Rich, you can't go around making sense all the time. You will just further your point if you do.

My personal opinion is that the guy that needs the boating course is usually the kid on the JetSki. They have no idea what MARINE RULES AND LAW entail and just think it's like a skateboard on the water.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
Dan, I sent you that picture you a22clown.

Saw him running yesterday (when that picture was taken) and he seemed to be operating safely. Took his turns wide, away from traffic and kept it slow around the populated areas. What specifically did he do that was unsafe? The jetskiers around freeport are reckless at best.
Yes you did h-mo!!
Old 06-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Before we rally the posse and get the rope, lets chill a bit. First, the way I see it, is the owner of “No Discipline” has owned several high performance boats and as visible and well known as those boats are and as much as he’s used them, I’ve never heard or read of any instance where he’s done something that could be construed dangerous. In other words, (as Rich said) I’m sure the owner uses common sense routinely and although the perception by one individual was that he wasn’t using that common sense, none of us were there to form an educated opinion and the owner operator isn’t on here defending himself.

Sounded like he was running legally in an area that some may feel he should not have running at speed. I don’t know how close he got to others (as it was pretty general in the first post) but there was never any reference of him coming too close, just that he was in the general area of others. Being 5’ and 100 yards from someone is too completely different things.

Carry on a whole thread about safe boating practices, not using common sense, doing stupid stuff all day long but I think it a bit un-fair to demonize a guy when we weren’t there or at the very least throw him under the bus when he’s not even on here to tell his side of the story.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Pete Mazzo does not own this 39 No Discipline anymore and hasnt since he bought his 46 in 2005. And I actually agree with you Tank!
Old 06-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
Pete Mazzo does not own this 39 No Discipline anymore and hasnt since he bought his 46 in 2005. And I actually agree with you Tank!
See, theres a first for everything
Old 06-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Registered

my post was clear .. the inside creeks ( as we call them here on LI) are tight and are probably not the safest place to be doing +/-80 mph in a 40' boat ..no matter what boat or who is driving it ..I have kids that take their 13' whaler in those creeks and thats not cool..
Old 06-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Registered

I am friends with the current owner of "No Disipline"....he keeps the boat in the same marina as me.......can't speak of what you saw yesterday but have seen him out plenty of times and he always seems to run his rig responsibly........sometimes you just have to get on it just to get away from all the other idiots in the back bays.........
Old 06-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by quicklt1
my post was clear .. the inside creeks ( as we call them here on LI) are tight and are probably not the safest place to be doing +/-80 mph in a 40' boat ..no matter what boat or who is driving it ..I have kids that take their 13' whaler in those creeks and thats not cool..
So basically what you're saying is there should be a speed limit.

I've never boated in Li. and don't know what an inside creek is. It almost sounds like the river that runs north and south of Havasu. Narrow (very narrow at some points) and windy. No speed limits and people routinely run over 100mph up and down the river.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to argue with you but in your first post you never said how close he came to anyone. Just that it's near jetskiers and other boats.

By the way, big fan of Whalers!

Last edited by thisistank; 06-05-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
I am friends with the current owner of "No Disipline"....he keeps the boat in the same marina as me.......can't speak of what you saw yesterday but have seen him out plenty of times and he always seems to run his rig responsibly........sometimes you just have to get on it just to get away from all the other idiots in the back bays.........
Johnny, boat looked CLEAN at braccos. You looked pretty busy, didn't want to bother you. Boat sounded pretty healthy when ya pulled out.

Here is the cut he is referring too...
Attached Thumbnails Outerlimits "no disipline"-picture-3.png  

Last edited by Mastercraft240; 06-05-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.