Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Your state could be next!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/255174-your-state-could-next.html)

Sea-Dated 06-07-2011 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Fountain4402 (Post 3422417)
It sucks all together. Been there for a whole. OKC is about the best thing there. Other than that, grass and cattle.

Try spending some time here before making a dumb ass comment like that. Actually, don't, stay in the NY please.

OKC has nothing on Tulsa and we have E-Dock.:coolcowboy:

I lived in NJ for a couple years and me and family couldn't get back to Oklahoma fast enough.

Sea-Dated 06-07-2011 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Fountain4402 (Post 3422431)
I have lived there dumb ass and it sucks. And I dont live anywhere near jersey or the city.

Sorry I didn't memorize your personal residential history before quoting you. My bad. (sarcasm by the way)

On behalf of Oklahoma, stay in NY and your 3 month boating season and thanks for leaving.

Quinlan 06-07-2011 08:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Everybody Breath a little.

Heres on for the Po Po

waterboy222 06-07-2011 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by mroberts (Post 3421937)
All I can say is that on Memorial Day Weekend I was in Dripping at about 12 noon and got 100% harassed by a new GRDA guy.

He clearly had it out for me. He caused a complete scene in the middle of the cove, followed me around, caused a scene again... then he really got the attitude and threatened to take me to jail for not following 'A DIRECT ORDER'. Had it not been for my girlfriend being on the boat and freaking out, I would have let his punk ass take me to jail. Trust me, based on this guy's behavior... he WILL try to bust YOU at the lake this summer. Dark skinned younger guy.. was driving a Baja on the day of my incident.

I also had another older GRDA guy come to the boat next to us the day before, and ask a middle aged woman what was in her cup. She had her head screwed on a lot better than me and said 'Lemonade'.. I would have spouted right off and said 'RBV... DUH!'

They are trying to encroach on our fun. Watch yourselves.

I have been looking into how and where to file direct complaints against stuff like this. I told a friend that in some ways I understand, because if I was the officer, I would hate someone like me too... but the problem was that I was acting completely in good faith of the law. He wanted to try to cause a scene and ruin my day.. but I wansn't going to let him win.

He was more concerned about me sticking my damn 2014 sticker IMMEDIATELY on my boat.. not about the 30 boats full of underage kids next to me bonging beers, smoking weed and whatever else. Lets screw with the guy with the big boat, totally behaving, and being totally polite and cordial...

I wonder if its the same guy that gave Auston his ticket. He was lake patrol for 8 years, just not on the water. I think he was demoted and now is out writing tickets left and right.

waterboy222 06-07-2011 10:12 AM

Ya, how about the pontoon boat half sunk with 25 KIDS on it, two kegs and weed smoke bellowing out of it.. Parked 5 boats down from you and they come and harass the guy with the pristine cruiser and 4 passengers..

CrownHawg 06-07-2011 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Fountain4402 (Post 3421685)
True you dont know. But waiting for a crime to happen or some gets killed is not the correct way to enforce laws either.

I suppose you support a charge called "Conspiracy to commit DUI? Or maybe, "Attempted Intoxication"?

Here in Arkansas, we have LOTS of water patrol. I know several, and as long as you are not acting a fool, or falling down drunk, they will leave you alone. I'm sure there are some over zealous ones, but I haven't met him yet.....

PhantomChaos 06-07-2011 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by CrownHawg (Post 3422637)
Or maybe, "Attempted Intoxication"?

Guilty of that!!! :D :drink::drink::drink: