Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Your state could be next!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/255174-your-state-could-next.html)

waterboy222 06-07-2011 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by CrownHawg (Post 3422637)
Here in Arkansas, we have LOTS of water patrol. I know several, and as long as you are not acting a fool, or falling down drunk, they will leave you alone. I'm sure there are some over zealous ones, but I haven't met him yet.....

It used to be that way here too.. I dont get it!

RebarBox 06-07-2011 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by 44MTI (Post 3422288)

Section 3, Paragragh A - 1 'Any person who OPERATES a vessel...'

Am I missing something? Seems the law is the same as always, just .08 in lieu .10:confused:

RebarBox 06-07-2011 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Fountain4402 (Post 3422417)
It sucks all together. Been there for a while. OKC is about the best thing there. Other than that, grass and cattle.

:rolleyes::asskiss:

VtSteve 06-07-2011 10:06 PM

I've read the new law as well. As far as I read, it looks like BAC is lowered, possibly more boarding rights. I didn't see anything in the law itself that looked onerous.

Tigeman 06-07-2011 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by RebarBox (Post 3423769)
Section 3, Paragragh A - 1 'Any person who OPERATES a vessel...'

Am I missing something? Seems the law is the same as always, just .08 in lieu .10:confused:

Read a bit further in that paragraph. It's the APC part that they are now interpretting as giving them the right to nail you while anchored up. This was newly added.

HIGH LIFE 06-08-2011 05:03 PM

Just finished reading the whole post. I have a Class A CDL, read that re: DUI lowers BAC to .04 . Not just trucks but for personell vechicles and possibly boats too. I live in Ma. "HIGH LIFE"

Dawg Gone 06-08-2011 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Fountain4402 (Post 3421708)
police ones are a little more accurate and you have the right to a blood test if you wish once you get to jail. I think they need to provide a blood test to the court in many states. Plus half of the time cops are video taped now so a guy stumbling and slurring is all the judge needs to see

So if someone is stone sober and has minimal coordination, are they subject to a OVI / DUI? I love that thought. A person shouldn't be prosecuted based on their BAC but rather their performance on the road. If someone has a BAC of 0.12 and is responsible vs. some sober clown texting/talikng on the phone/wiping Johnny's chin and runs someone off the road, who is at fault? The sober SOB has no excuse if you really think about it.

Welcome to the sissification of America!!!

X-Rated30 06-09-2011 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Fountain4402 (Post 3421692)
Your better off cooperating and getting done with it

Well this is just bizarrely incorrect. Not true in any way, shape or form.:eek: