Your state could be next!!!

Notices

Your state could be next!!!

Old 06-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
ohhhh ahhh lets go back to the old post count and hey buddy you missed a comma and a capital letter. give me a break. Wait for me Ill be back in 6 years after I have 2,000 post it will mean more than.
You could have 100,000 posts and luckily, thanks to your posts, we all know you don't what you are talking about and it wouldn't matter. There are many members here who have lower post counts but, the posts they have made are knowledgable and insightful. Those people have earned the respect of the board. You are doing to opposite.

Lack of knowledge of the written English language really shows your ignorance. Sorry.

Now, move on and have a nice day.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess old people they take this INTERNET thing so serious.
Everyone here is passionate about boating, having fun and their HOME. So when you come on here throwin elbows about a state you don't like, you have to expect some flack from some of their residents..

You came on looking to stir up a hornets nest about oklahoma, and you got just that.. Now move on.. Go start a fight about somethin else, this one played out.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Your like a kid in a debate that doesn't have any evidence and does back flips on issues. Goes from one idea to the other trying to find something of substance. Your all over the board and need to go back to school and get a harder shell, dont take other opinions or facts to heart. Calm down little guy its just the internet and forum. For all I know you live in a cardboard box and for all you know I don't even have a boat and live in China. SHHHHH it will be alright.
I guess old people they take this INTERNET thing so serious.
Isn't your break over? Should be time for you to get back to the call center Jr.

This has been fun but I grow bored and feel the more time I spend interacting with you, the dumber I get. I sure don't want to end up on your level....

Old 06-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the law gives authority to board boats not underway and give DUI it is garbage. First off, its all about money, just like all the other crap they are passing these days. Second, it infringes on freedoms as stated above. If someone on an achored boat is drunk and causing a problem, D&D would cover it. Like I stated above, its all about $ and giving an excuse to mess with people. Instead of some $100 D&D's, now they have the power to give a whole boatload of people DUI's at a couple grand a pop. The moment you get underway, it falls to the operator, if you are drunk then you face the consequences.

This big brother stuff makes me sick. I am all for personal freedoms, and the personal responsibility that goes with it. We need to guard our freedoms on every front. Giving more power to someone over you isnt the answer. I have good friends who are cops etc, and they are human like anyone else. They have bad days, take dislike to other people for personal or whatever reason, its human nature. You have to have proof positive of a crime and prove it, officer discretion is not the answer.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Registered

Your like a kid in a debate that doesn't have any evidence and does back flips on issues. Goes from one idea to the other trying to find something of substance. Your all over the board and need to go back to school and get a harder shell, dont take other opinions or facts to heart. Calm down little guy its just the internet and forum. For all I know you live in a cardboard box and for all you know I don't even have a boat and live in China. SHHHHH it will be alright.
LMAO
Old 06-09-2011, 03:14 PM
JnT
Registered

If that law was here in GA my marina would be deserted. We eat and drink til the wee hours and sleep it off while tied to the dock. I would be pissed if a cop barged into my houseboat while I'm watching TV in bed and I got a BUI.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by HIGH LIFE
Just finished reading the whole post. I have a Class A CDL, read that re: DUI lowers BAC to .04 . Not just trucks but for personell vechicles and possibly boats too. I live in Ma. "HIGH LIFE"
I had a CDL client I represented on a first DUI, I beat the breath test (had the test declared inadmissible), but he was convicted on the observations of the officer, and his license was suspended for three months. HIS CDL was suspended for one year, he did not have a BAC reading entered into evidence because of my legal expertise, but he still lost his CDL for one year. He can drive his passenger vehicle after the three month suspension, I did a great job for him, but still got rammed in the ass onn the CDL issue and there nothing an attorney can do to cure that in this example.

There has been talk in this thread about getting a DUI when you are docked/anchored, but the operator is drunk, this is a very fact sensitive area of DUI law, whcih I will not address in this thread because I do not have even time to type the proper message, but as always, if you get charged with DUI or any criminal offense hire an experienced attorney.

Back to the orginal point, some states are less severe than others. If you get arrested in New Jersey call me, if I cannot help you, I will direct you to someone who can.

Last edited by Smarty; 06-09-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by hotjava66
If the law gives authority to board boats not underway and give DUI it is garbage. First off, its all about money, just like all the other crap they are passing these days. Second, it infringes on freedoms as stated above. If someone on an achored boat is drunk and causing a problem, D&D would cover it. Like I stated above, its all about $ and giving an excuse to mess with people. Instead of some $100 D&D's, now they have the power to give a whole boatload of people DUI's at a couple grand a pop. The moment you get underway, it falls to the operator, if you are drunk then you face the consequences.

This big brother stuff makes me sick. I am all for personal freedoms, and the personal responsibility that goes with it. We need to guard our freedoms on every front. Giving more power to someone over you isnt the answer. I have good friends who are cops etc, and they are human like anyone else. They have bad days, take dislike to other people for personal or whatever reason, its human nature. You have to have proof positive of a crime and prove it, officer discretion is not the answer.
I was in court tonight, a defendant was found guilty of DUI, he was passed out, with his legs outside of the car, his head was on the center console of the car. The car was running, radio on, and he had just recently pissed right at the car because his urine was on the pavement, and he apparently passed out and continued to piss over himself.

The Judge found him guilty of DUI. I have not had a boat DUI case where the defendant was charged while the boat was not running. I would love a case like that, I would win as long as the defendant does not make any admissions.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered

Let's get back to the topic, what cove? I have had a house on this lake for over 30 years and never heard or seen something like this, Everybody who goes to dripping knows me, read my handle and boats it says it all.

What's the real story, what cove, and what really happened, loud music all night? smoking grass. come on give it up tell the truth what did you do piss off a us senator? (we know who) A us house member, state executive, Come on, they all have places up there, I know where they are. TELL us the real story not some we were being messed with.

I'm Just Sayin, and I will be at the Drip with a cooler this weekend!!!!!
Old 06-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would have argued that more than 50% of his passed out pissed covered body was outside of the vehicle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.