Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Your state could be next!!! >

Your state could be next!!!

Notices

Your state could be next!!!

Old 06-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say is that on Memorial Day Weekend I was in Dripping at about 12 noon and got 100% harassed by a new GRDA guy.

He clearly had it out for me. He caused a complete scene in the middle of the cove, followed me around, caused a scene again... then he really got the attitude and threatened to take me to jail for not following 'A DIRECT ORDER'. Had it not been for my girlfriend being on the boat and freaking out, I would have let his punk ass take me to jail. Trust me, based on this guy's behavior... he WILL try to bust YOU at the lake this summer. Dark skinned younger guy.. was driving a Baja on the day of my incident.

I also had another older GRDA guy come to the boat next to us the day before, and ask a middle aged woman what was in her cup. She had her head screwed on a lot better than me and said 'Lemonade'.. I would have spouted right off and said 'RBV... DUH!'

They are trying to encroach on our fun. Watch yourselves.

I have been looking into how and where to file direct complaints against stuff like this. I told a friend that in some ways I understand, because if I was the officer, I would hate someone like me too... but the problem was that I was acting completely in good faith of the law. He wanted to try to cause a scene and ruin my day.. but I wansn't going to let him win.

He was more concerned about me sticking my damn 2014 sticker IMMEDIATELY on my boat.. not about the 30 boats full of underage kids next to me bonging beers, smoking weed and whatever else. Lets screw with the guy with the big boat, totally behaving, and being totally polite and cordial...
Old 06-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This thread is quite disturbing. I simply can't believe that a law has been passed that basically lets them charge you with a crime, simply because there is a possibility, that you could drive. I believe the good people of OK need to do everything in their powers to get this law reversed.

Darrell.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Registered

Mroberts. This is what I've been preaching. Most ( not all ) will F with you until your breaking point. I've been cited for not having my reg #s properly spaced. While others in viewing distance barf over the stern of boats. They pick n chose. HATERS because they rock a colmen crawdad with a minkotta and their chick on the bow is 2 bills +!!!!

I'm done with this thread now. Its making me wanna drink, but I'm scared!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Registered

So what cove did this happen in? Was there more to the story like real loud music and houses in the cove that could hear the music???

we were in dripping all memorial day weekend and everyone was drinking beer in sight with no issues, other than the line of boats in the middle on sunday that couldn't get a single anchor in.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by DMOORE
This thread is quite disturbing. I simply can't believe that a law has been passed that basically lets them charge you with a crime, simply because there is a possibility, that you could drive. I believe the good people of OK need to do everything in their powers to get this law reversed.

Darrell.
Welcome to the business and money maker that has become dwi/dui/bui...all of it is arresting you for what you "could" have done. It's the only crime in america where you are arrested for what you "could" do... You "could" get in an accident, you "could" hit someone etc etc etc. Just because a woman has breasts and a vagina, she "could" be a prostitute, does that mean she is? Just because you like to look at women in bikinis, you "could" be a rapist..are you?

It's pathetic the standards that are put out there, yet here in MD they can tax alcohol another 3% because it makes them money, they make more in tax dollars off of the 3 vices ie; tobacco, alcohol and gambling (lottery).... limits keep dropping to appease people like MADD, who's ceo just got a DWI last month.

If someone IS involved in an accident while drinking by all means throw the book at them, legislated personal accountability...welcome to the sheeple world.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

Next they will tell me I cant have Blue lights on MY dock!
Wait they already did/ Fuk em
Old 06-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scarab63
......................All middle easterners are terrorist? ??..........................

DUH!!!!!!!

JK
Old 06-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
I don't have a front license plate on my car.......
I don't either. Lexus SC 430 doesn't look good with one.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't cops have to have a warrant or probable cause to enter a residence (houseboat)? Can water patrol pull you over to do a safety check if you have done nothing wrong? Seems to me like any good lawyer could shred these charges to pieces, with either profiling, entrapment, or unlawful entry arguements.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.sos.ok.gov/documents/leg.../1R/SB/324.pdf

Here is the link to the new law.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.