Your state could be next!!! >

Your state could be next!!!

Notices

Your state could be next!!!

Old 06-06-2011, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
True, If your not the driver you should not be POTENTIALLY threatned by this. Or parked overnight, which most places will say as long as you are parked and keys are out of igntion.
???? Have you even read this thread????
Old 06-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Registered

i dont see the big deal, shouldnt be a differance between a boat and car. And you shouldnt be drinking while operating a boat anyways. Its kind of rediculous seeing people get all bent because they cant drink or drink as much. Is alcohol really that important and you cant have fun without it.
You sir are a silly goose! He wasn't in a 115 MPH skater, he was on a houseboat anchored. Enjoying dinner and drinks with family and friends. Maybe next time you have a cocktail at home the police will flip on their blues and pull in your driveway and make u blow. I'm sure then you'd see why everybody's up in arms!!!!!y
Old 06-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts
WOW, hope they never have a NASCAR race in Oklahoma. The whole infield full of motorhomes with DUI's sitting on the roof watching the race.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Robertjr
Water cops are getting heavier everywhere, they see revenue and when someone is seen who has worked hard and made sacrifices and commitments to get where they are in life today and is able to participate in this sport at no matter what level, they dont like it. Besides it much easier to screw around with someone who will have to pay the fine than it is a crack head or heroin addict where there will be little or no revenue gained. Real crooks shoot back! and that is way too difficult for these piece of crap individuals on these water patrols! I'm fed up as well,whether you drink or not these loosers hassel you anyway, not to mention most have no bussiness being a coxswain of a vessel. I doubt any of them have a ***k! Anyone remember this from WWII movies? "HALT! SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS"! oh and by the way blow in this tube as well. Perhaps they should go blow thier partner!......................................Rjr. ........................
You are right on target. Revenue, revenue, and the Barney Fife/Tackleberry mentality is why 90% of these law enforcement nuts act the way they do. And I especially agree with the part about the guy who's made it and is just going to pay the fine. Or pay the system somehow. These guys really are jealous. You should have seen the dipsh t that pulled us over right after we got the Fountain. He was looking around so much he could hardly write his ticket. He came one inch from asking me what I paid for it. Why don't they go chase drug dealers and Al Quaida!

Last edited by On Time; 06-06-2011 at 09:18 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A boat anchored for the night is your residence no different than being in an RV at a park, so you are okay with cops just barging on to your rv or even house to do a check?
Many people live on houseboats, its their home, no way should any officer be entitled to bust in and arrest someone in an anchored houseboat or any anchored boat for that matter.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
We are loosing our rights,That is not right!!!!
+100!

Last edited by ECeptor; 06-06-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Beak botr
VIP Member

http://www.newsok.com/oklahomas-new-...rticle/3570448

this talks about the new law. It states anybody who has access to drive. But you this is no different than old law minus the BAC level. A lot of people just are getting in a tizy for no reason. Its easy if its your boat dont drink, and if its not your boat, dont sit in the drivers seat if your hammered. And it is kind of open for who can get into trouble, but guess what when an officer pulls up to a boat with 10 drunk people and they tell him the driver is way down there and trying to BS him, he doesnt have to deal with it.

It just amazes me how people will argue and defend doing the wrong thing. If a cop pulls up to your boat and your arent drunk but others are, hes not going to arrest him, good luck having a case and on top of it he has no probably cause.
So, you go to lake and rent a houseboat for a week, you drive it to your favorite cove, put out all your anchors, you are now set for the week because you have absolutely no desire to move it one inch and then do not drink at all for the entire time you are there, sounds like fun to me, sign me up.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Registered

One more step to becoming a nazi state,losing our freedoms one step at a time.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Registered

Hang on, something this crazy can only happen in California! Myself, the last thing I want to see is all 50 states having the same laws. My wife and I are retiring this year and moving ourselves and our tax dollars to Arizona. It's good to have a choice! In the end, the all mighty buck will call the shots.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Beak botr
VIP Member

So you are sitting on the patio of your house on a Saturday you did NOT take the boat out of the slip, having a few afternoon adult beverages. You remember that your good sunglasses are in the cabin of the boat, which is locked. The key to the cabin is on the same ring as the ignition key so you grab your keys and step on your boat to get your glasses. BUSTED

Or, your nice sunglasses were left in your car in the driveway, you go to get them (you always keep the car locked), the cop cruising by your house stops and demands a breath test, you fail. Double Busted.

You can't prove you WEREN'T going to take the boat out or drive the car. It probably won't hold up in COURT but would you risk facing the judge WITHOUT a Lawyer Present? It's OK, Lawyers work for free don't they?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.