Old 06-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lot of love going on here these days.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
I also love the people that try to skirt around or justify drinking and driving. And our childish and feel as if they cant have a fun time without a drink
I realize you live in NY, and that they only teach people there to be sheeple and do what the government says, but you are obviously oblivious to the loss of liberty this law presents. And you are also oblivious to the fact that if we continue to allow such liberties to deteriorate you will not have any liberties left. Many people live on boats, many people have boats as lakehouses, many people have condominiums with boats. You can be drunk in your own house. What this law says is that any person who is drunk in actual physical control of a boat or motorhome is not allowed to be drunk, even if the motorized vehicle is a private residence. When they say actual physical control, they mean if you are anywhere around your yacht, dock condo, or motorhome. Doesn't matter if its night time or daytime. Doesn't matter if you have a designated driver. They are saying you can not be drunk in your own private residence simply because it has a motor. And futhermore, none of your passengers can be drunk either because they "could' drive. That is a violation of the constitution because it allows for unreasonable search and seizures. It also allows Police Officers to arrest people on the mere assumption that they will/are commiting a crime. In this case, if your passengers are drunk while moored they assume they have "actual physical control." Police officers have no right to knock on the door of my private residence and question me or make me take an alcohol test when it is anchored or moored. They also don't have any right to put someone in jail by assuming they will commit a crime.

And your wrong about OK boating too. OK has more coastline than the entire state of CA. Texoma is one of the top ten boating lake destinations in the country per powerboat magazine, but I'm sure their wrong too. OK is one of the most beautiful states in the country.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also love the people that try to skirt around or justify drinking and driving. And are childish and feel as if they cant have a fun time without a drink
Why not read the posts instead of popping off your mouth at every little point? Reading your posts in various threads makes me feel sad for you, even the ones in the uncensored section. You appear to have little man syndrome.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I realize you live in NY, and that they only teach people there to be sheeple and do what the government says, but you are obviously oblivious to the loss of liberty this law presents. And you are also oblivious to the fact that if we continue to allow such liberties to deteriorate you will not have any liberties left. Many people live on boats, many people have boats as lakehouses, many people have condominiums with boats. You can be drunk in your own house. What this law says is that any person who is drunk in actual physical control of a boat or motorhome is not allowed to be drunk, even if the motorized vehicle is a private residence. When they say actual physical control, they mean if you are anywhere around your yacht, dock condo, or motorhome. Doesn't matter if its night time or daytime. Doesn't matter if you have a designated driver. They are saying you can not be drunk in your own private residence simply because it has a motor. And futhermore, none of your passengers can be drunk either because they "could' drive. That is a violation of the constitution because it allows for unreasonable search and seizures. It also allows Police Officers to arrest people on the mere assumption that they will/are commiting a crime. In this case, if your passengers are drunk while moored they assume they have "actual physical control." Police officers have no right to knock on the door of my private residence and question me or make me take an alcohol test when it is anchored or moored. They also don't have any right to put someone in jail by assuming they will commit a crime.

And your wrong about OK boating too. OK has more coastline than the entire state of CA. Texoma is one of the top ten boating lake destinations in the country per powerboat magazine, but I'm sure their wrong too. OK is one of the most beautiful states in the country.
Nice post! But wait, we have lakes here too! Did you count that in your shoreline equation?
Old 06-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Thank you. Also, Oklahoma is either #2 or #3 for # of inland lakes. Behind Minnesota and Texas I think.

We all just need to ignore the little man with a beak. He has gone rampant posting crap in different threads.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

Also we are close to the top w the most registered watercraft

Cause there aint much else to DO!!
Old 06-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Quinlan;3425401]Also we are close to the top w the most registered watercraftQUOTE]

That's a whole other agument.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Nice post! But wait, we have lakes here too! Did you count that in your shoreline equation?
Yep, OK also has the farthest inland port.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm6qw_yeo6o

I've never been to Heaven, BUT I"VE BEEN TO OKLAHOMA!!!
Old 06-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just love the barracks and jail house lawyers here.
Excuse me, but technically I am not a jailhouse or baracks lawyer.

I have been a retained criminal defense attorney for the last 16 years, and clerked for one for two years before that. I have practiced in Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Florida, in both federal and state courts. I have represented doctors, dentists, lawyers, judges, petroleum executives, and corporations. I am a member and officer of a couple of different professional organizations and a couple of weeks ago, I was asked to go down to the state Senate Judiciary Committee and give testimony on proposed legislation dealing with criminal law.

I think I am qualified to say your advice was absurd at best and most likely harmful.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oklahoma has no COASTline... He was referring to shoreline. He just got his terminology wrong, smartazz

Oklahoma has 55,000miles of shoreline. Yes, more than Alaska..

But dont ask me, I dont know *anything* about surface water in Oklahoma..

Last edited by waterboy222; 06-09-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.