Notices

Your state could be next!!!

Old 06-15-2011, 04:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
3 years for a DUI?
No, sorry I should been more descriptive. The client/defendant was on Probation for drug offenses and caught a new distribution charge while on Probation. He was sentenced to three years, and three years really minimized the damage.

In New Jersey a third conviction for BUI or DUI the convicted person will serve 180 days in the county jail. It does get serious. But I am very good at what I do, so there are a few "technicalities" I can use if the facts fit on the prior DUI conviction which could keep the defendant out of jail even if found guilty on the new thrid offense charge.

I am being a smart ass with the use of the word technicalities, it is knowing the correct application of the law (case law) for the situation.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I've always thought the best advice was this. If you get into a situation where you've had too much to drink, park it and call a cab. If on the water, well you just shouldn't have done it in the first place. Anchor or keep it docked.
Chit happens, but you should learn from it.

Have any of the lawyers looked through this law to see if it fits the thread title?
Old 06-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
Nope higher than that. I know what your getting at. And I think the divide is your a lawyer, I'm in the enforcement arena. Laywers jobs are to pick apart the law to find small mistakes that the justice system made or to confuse a jury on what the law or case really is. Enforcements job is to enforce the law how they sometimes interpret the law, sometimes they do bad and sometimes do good. Theres just a lot of big talk in here and everything I've see is you dont get away with it, and the ones that do SPEND big money.

A peice of advice for you all out there your best defense is silence. Most of the time COPS do not have evidence on you they talk you into telling the whole story. You dont know how many times in court Ive seen defendants come in and the COPS didnt have anything on them, and the defendents talking themselves into a conviction. Personally on a lot of things dont waste your time on a lawyer, if and when you get arrested dont say anything, but dont be a pain in the ace either. Get to court plead the fifth, the burden of proof on the prosecution.
exactly know your role guy, go fill a glass up with ice and pour yourself some shut the hell up juice. Be a good boy and wait to be spoken too.

Its better to have an opinion even if its wrong than no opinion and be a mindless bafoon like yourself.
You sure are a cocky know-it-all for someone your age. I need to roll my pants up your BS is so DEEP. Where do you get this crap "Its better to have an opinion even if its wrong than no opinion". LOL

At times it's better to take a step back instead of stepping it up a notch each time. That is something you will learn with maturity. Be safe and enjoy your summer!
Old 06-16-2011, 12:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A peice of advice for you all out there your best defense is silence. Most of the time COPS do not have evidence on you they talk you into telling the whole story.
Just when I was about to compliment you on more good advice, you do this:

Personally on a lot of things dont waste your time on a lawyer...
Whatever. He who has himself as a lawyer has a fool for a client.

Also, I wasn't being dismissive or derogatory towards MP's. Just like any other occupation, there are good and bad. So what is your job? (PS - if you give the "top secret, national security" answer, these dudes are never gonna let you live it down.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:53 AM
Registered

Its better to have an opinion even if its wrong than no opinion and be a mindless bafoon like yourself.
Whatever happened to "Better to remain silent and look like a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt"?
Old 06-16-2011, 12:56 AM
Registered

exactly know your role guy, go fill a glass up with ice and pour yourself some shut the hell up juice.
And while you are at it, bring me a 55 gallon drum of this stuff! To hell with roofying chics, I am going around the bar with it on tap for them and making the world a better place!!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 02:22 AM
Registered

Damn this thread blew up. I leave to the lake for a few days and come back to an internet fight. LoL.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:08 AM
Registered

Question

Originally Posted by Tigeman
Damn this thread blew up. I leave to the lake for a few days and come back to an internet fight. LoL.
Ya it did!!! I must apologize for derailment of the topic. I got distracted by stupidity
Old 06-16-2011, 06:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
And while you are at it, bring me a 55 gallon drum of this stuff! To hell with roofying chics, I am going around the bar with it on tap for them and making the world a better place!!!!
National statistics show that it works every time, 76% of the time!

It also works when your having trouble swaying the d.a.

Just bring him out for a round of golf and give him a glass.....
Old 06-16-2011, 06:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 569 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Tigeman
STILL waiting on some more details.

Spill it man, there has to be more to the story.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.