need help..how do I get a IP address

Notices

need help..how do I get a IP address

Old 06-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts
Default need help..how do I get a IP address

guys Im having some problems with somebody duplicating a face book page, and grossly distorting it, pictures, facts, and replacing good words with "F", and mentioning stuff that should not be on there..how do I get this IP address of this person..and get them turned in.

Thanks Jeff
Old 06-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably have to talk to FaceBook
Old 06-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated
Probably have to talk to FaceBook
+1

I would think you could contact Facebook and thier administrators should be able to track down the person's IP address causing the problems.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
guys Im having some problems with somebody duplicating a face book page, and grossly distorting it, pictures, facts, and replacing good words with "F", and mentioning stuff that should not be on there..how do I get this IP address of this person..and get them turned in.

Thanks Jeff
Just report it. FB will have it gone in less than a day usually.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thank you everyone for your help, unfortunately on the site it states there is no "live" support. We have already reported this and it was removed two days ago but today the same person has made an identical page again...
Thanks Sandy
(Jeff's wife)
Old 06-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

facebook should be able to look at there server and see every IP address that connect to your account. If it's someone thats good at it you will spend forever chasing rerouted IP's.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Depending on the severity, could turn it over to the authorities. They could then issue subpoena to FB for the IP, along with the actual IP owner.

If you go straight to FB & they give you the IP, you still then have to track down the owning ISP for the records of who that IP was reserved to during the time period. Assuming they werent using proxy services etc.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is your IP static? Most IP's are not static, but are assigned by your providers DHCP server when you login. A static IP is assigned to you and it will not change. An IP assigned through a DHCP server can change depending on IP availability when you login. I seriously doubt if anyone has your IP. Then again, I retired from IT back in 2004, so things may have changed. I would change my password to something never used before and don't save it to your computer when logging in. Is there any remote access software loaded on your system? You may have someone logging remotely into your system and taking control.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

just found out that they started a new page...they copied everything off my daughters page, distorted her pic's{she a photographer and wants to work in the industry..cars, boats, homes) changed what she typed up and used fowl language. its not good for her business, and we have reported it again..it just will get taken down, and get put back up again.. thanks Jeff
Old 06-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

If they continue to be getting your passwords I would be worried about a keylogger. Really hope you get this stuff worked out jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.