Notices

Defy'n Gravity's boat....

Old 05-31-2002, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Defy'n Gravity's boat....

Was just wonderin....now that thunderdan is in the final stages of getting his boat wet.......what is the status of Defy'ns boat...I know I am not alone waiting to find out just what this boat is capable of........
Old 05-31-2002, 11:54 AM
Registered

Someone better get the popcorn!!!!
Old 05-31-2002, 05:57 PM
Registered

Troutly that mug of beer is the best thing ive seen all day!
Old 05-31-2002, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Troutly..........Lights & Siren.......Please deliver about six {6} !!!!!
Old 05-31-2002, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I know for a fact they are painting it and the paint should be complete next week sometime. Since we use the same graphics artist I was told my next boat was right after the Powerplay he was wrapping up which means we are all running behind and at the mercy of an artist!
Old 05-31-2002, 07:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Troutly,
I will take several mugs of that ice cold beer!!!! With that being said, I'm not happy with where the boat is in the construction phase! BUT I am happy with the QUALITY of work that is completed. I spent Wednesday & Thursday at PowerPlay and 5 guys are rigging the boat. The starboard motor was hung in the bilge today. I can only tell you that my wife and myself want the boat yesterday, we have plans that are in jeopardy do to the boat not being done? I know that alot of OSO members and PP customers are waiting for the outcome of this, both for the boat and how fast it is!! I have talked with both ThunderDan and Jassman about there 37' Active Thunder, I know that the AT will be faster than the PP 38' with the same KE 675's. The 38' PP is much bigger and weights approx. 1200 lbs more, this is according reports from both boat builders.
I hope that answers some questions and I know it raises many more! Don't write this 38' boat off, if you looked at the boat show boat back in Feb. you looked at a boat that is completly different from the boat being built for my wife and myself. Call John @ PP or better yet go by the factory in Ft. Lauderdale. I will be back there on June 7th.

Robbie
Old 05-31-2002, 08:59 PM
GOT MERC?

Cool

Hey DEFYN!
Did you make a choice on drives? Also did you get the muffler issue handled? You should post a pict of your graffics I was going to but the pict was to big.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:06 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Robbie......when you say that your boat is completely different than the 38 I saw at the boat show......how so?? Lighter in the the lay up??? I dont think anyone is writing this boat off.....when it is done, I am sure it will have been well worth the wait......I sympathize with you for the delay.....I cant wait to see some pics and get the details.......as I am sure many others are waiting also......please keep us posted......
Old 06-01-2002, 09:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

DEFY'N GRAVITY, Your wait will be worth waiting for, we are both at about the same stages, early to mid July. What drive did you end up with, I chose the Advantage SC. I look forward into seeing some pics of your boat, as well as I will post some of mine towards the final stages. My interior is being finished up, and motors are being built, Pat has painted the engine compartment and are putting all the parts together. Take care and good luck, hope to see ya at some poker runs this year, Jeff Jassby
Old 06-01-2002, 02:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys,

I have tried to attach a picture of the graffics several times, file is to big, I am working on it, it may not be today I'm on a layover in Seattle for the weekend and I have a birthday party to go to, I hope to have the picture sent to Too Old so he can size it then post it.
Spitfire 1, the layup is lighter that the first and should be 500-800 lbs. lighter than the showboat BUT with all the extras added into the boat (2 extra batteries, more corian in the cabin, upholstery upgrades, etc...), we don't know what it all is going to add up to so the final weight will be ?
Jassman, I did the same thing you did IMCO Extreme SC's, to many issues with the other options. PP has one motor in for fit and hanging the other today, will have to take both out inorder to rig all the parts in there, you will love the hardware that comes with the 675's, the pre-lube system is pretty cool!!
Time frame? We are still hoping for Royal Purple in New Orleans on June 22, I don't know, everything would have to go like clock work! Will let everyone know as things progress, Robbie

Quick Reply: Defy'n Gravity's boat....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.