Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The absolute best "set up" guy in the world. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/255482-absolute-best-set-up-guy-world.html)

MissGeicoRacing 06-09-2011 09:00 AM

The absolute best "set up" guy in the world.

Team owner Rich Wyatt and I raced the Cintron Mystic this weekend in some typical Miami water. It's 4 days later and i'm still jacked on how well the boat performed.

Rich was stellar on the sticks and we were able to hold solid speed down the straghts in "Atlantic 4's" , turn in at over a hundred and hold mid 90's through the turns ...in seas. Just incredible.

Couple of shots of a Gary Stray set up boat doing it's thing. I say this because there IS a huge difference beween the people guessing about the setup of their boats and true engineering. Really knowing what the boat is trying to do. If you try and do this stuff with an improperly set up boat you will destroy your boat and quite possibly yourself.

I cant's say enough about how talented Gary is.

The images speak for themselves

Marc (Miss Geico)

MissGeicoRacing 06-09-2011 09:07 AM

Some More

Gladhe8er 06-09-2011 09:17 AM

Boat flies awesome. Sounds like you had a good run.

VetteSteve 06-09-2011 09:26 AM

Awesome pictures. Good luck through the racing season

Dean Ferry 06-09-2011 09:28 AM

Marc,
Great job to the whole Cintron team. Yeah it's is truely a once in a lifetime experience to turn one of those Mystic at race speeds, at least it was for me. I went with Cosker on one of the many test sessions on the Ms. Long lite, and he did a 180 degree turn at 140 mph! It was kinda freaky, really, these boats distort the sensation of speed, and how truely fast you are traveling!
Dean

MissGeicoRacing 06-09-2011 09:36 AM

So true. Scotty B has to remind me sometimes that we can't turn at some of the speeds were doing. True story . Heading down a straight away in LOTO I said "stay in it ...I got it". and he looked over and said dude were doing 178 ..... you dont "got it". I'm like ok were at 150 can I turn now????
...Scotty and I call it "Speed Warp"

GLH 06-09-2011 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing (Post 3425222)
... dude were doing 178 ..... you dont "got it".

Great line... Stay safe Marc.

Dean Ferry 06-09-2011 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing (Post 3425222)
So true. Scotty B has to remind me sometimes that we can't turn at some of the speeds were doing. True story . Heading down a straight away in LOTO I said "stay in it ...I got it". and he looked over and said dude were doing 178 ..... you dont "got it". I'm like ok were at 150 can I turn now????
...Scotty and I call it "Speed Warp"

LOL, You guys crack me up!:drink: Cosker said that he and Callan used to have similiar conversations while hauling the mail!

Too Stroked 06-09-2011 10:13 AM

Man that boat flies straight and level! And as for your "got it" conversation, I'm still laughing. Keep up the good work!

SUPERCATBOATS 06-09-2011 10:29 AM

I have known Gary for many years and I agree with your assessment, actually it is a understatement for his talents. I have been around this sport for a long time and I have listened to many set up-artists and riggers ( this is NOT a knock towards them) and I also thought I knew alot. Once you get into a performance conversation with Gary sit back and enjoy the education, because you will get one that will impress anybody in this sport.