Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
LOTO winner? Maybe, maybe not >

LOTO winner? Maybe, maybe not

Notices

LOTO winner? Maybe, maybe not

Old 06-01-2002, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Chill out, I don't think Jon meant anything bad at all. I failed to see anything rude about his post.

Buck
Old 06-01-2002, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

XTRM~

Yes, Jon meant nothing personal about his post. If you have been following along at all, the Havasu and LOTO people here at OSO have been exchanging this kind of harmless banter for the last several months. It's all in jest and meant to be fun.

I can see where you might take it wrong if you weren't aware of that, so please don't think Jon was making any kind of attack.

My husband and I made our first trip to Havasu this April and it is an awesome place. No doubt about that. The constant bickering back and forth between the two places helped make the winter and spring months pass by, and at times was an often needed break from some of the more serious posts on the board.

Perhaps you can make a trip to loto someday. You'll love it!

Peace,
Amy
Old 06-01-2002, 11:40 AM
Registered

Mltdwn,

I'm not sure where you got your info..............Missourri Water Patrol estimates in excess of 40,000 boats on the holiday weekends
Old 06-01-2002, 01:23 PM
XTRM22

I know Jon didn't mean anything personal by his comments, and I have been enjoying the bickering back and forth to. "The Puddle Boats" comment did get under my skin. Although I'm sure you LOTO folks are right about the size of the lake, you probably never see those Amphibian cars cruising there like drive down the ramp at Havasu and proceed to drive through the channel. Big water needs big boats.
Chuck

Old 06-01-2002, 03:20 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Chuck thanks for calling me a "Dick". I would toss it right back at ya but that would make me no better then you. Get a clue is all I have to say. Look at my posts. I make just as much fun of the fact that my boat has not left the trailer in the last couple years as I do of anything else on this board. If you have been fallowing the post then you should know better and also know that we are all just having some fun with the whole LOTO vs. Havasu competition. This was not started by me I think it may have been Phantom that started it and we are all good friends and we are all just playing around. One of the lakes that I boat in is also very small, BIG DEAL. We all have fun on what ever body of water that we boat on that is all that matters isn't it?

To answer your questions I saw 6 skaters. A 24, a 28 with tripples, a 28 with twin's, a 32 and Lick this I think a 46 with twin monster motors spin out, and some others from a distance.

Oh ya and thanks for making fun of my spelling. Something that ia have struggled with all my life. I have dyslexia and it has been something that has always tortured me. I have never judged you or called you a name so don't you start judging me. Thanks man you make me feel great. Now go back to lurking!!!

Jon

I guess I should go take my congratulatory post back from Cuda because he got a "small" boat

Last edited by Audiofn; 06-01-2002 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-01-2002, 10:52 PM
Registered

Originally posted by tanned fat looks better
Mltdwn,

I'm not sure where you got your info..............Missourri Water Patrol estimates in excess of 40,000 boats on the holiday weekends
TFLB, I did a search for local LOTO newspapers and got one from Osage Beach. Don't recall the name of the newspaper. But that is where I got those numbers. 10,000 boats and 1100 at party cove, as quoted by the Missouri Water Patrol. 40,000 might be right for the whole weekend. That's a load of boats!!!! Hey, I grew up on the Chesapeke, I DO miss the green, but not the rain and brownish green water. I'll make LOTO again one day, long as you guys don't mind a desert puddle boater.

Craig
Old 06-01-2002, 11:47 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

On any given day there will be 10 thousand yachts in the harbors in southern california probably that many moored in king harbor and marina del rey alone .Those are yachts in your photos right ! LOTO looks awsome would like to come back some time on a holiday weekend and see what its all about but for now i will have to be happy going to the puddle lol with my puddle jumper . Hey you may be right on the boat or yacht count but if you want to talk about the quality of the women well now we got something to talk about lol great topic!!! Mitch
Old 06-02-2002, 07:01 AM
Registered

God I love this country and the sport or recreation of boating.

Every region has it's own "hot spots" that people charish and flock too. Seems whenever any of our OSO brethren and or sisteren (is that a word) trek to other areas they are welcomed with open arms and treated like family.

Boaters have got to be the greatest people on earth. Wouldn't it be awesome to hit all the "hot spots"? I guess when my Powerball ticket hit's that's what I'll do.

Be safe.