LOTO winner? Maybe, maybe not >

LOTO winner? Maybe, maybe not

Notices

LOTO winner? Maybe, maybe not

Old 05-31-2002, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOTO winner? Maybe, maybe not

I saw the thread about LOTO winning the Memorial day contest and wondering what the "verdict" was based on? First, let me say that I've been to LOTO and go to Havasu a lot. Both are great places to boat and I'd go back to LOTO, if I had a bigger boat (>22'!!) Each has distinct pluses and minuses.

With that being said, I called the Chamber of Commerce for both as well as some of the marinas, searched some newspapers on-line. Here's what I found;

LOTO estimated "200,000 to 400,00 people in the area."
"Havasu estimated greater than 250,000 people in the area, 50,000 people (visitors) in Havasu proper." Info from Chamber of Commerces.

Missouri Water Patrol estimated 10,000 boats on the lake, 1100 at the Party Cove.

Havasu Marina and Windsor Beach, estimated 800-1000 boats launched each day. No info on the other 6 or 7 launch ramps on the lake.

Can't quantify the "party boats" in Havasu since they closed the main gathering spot on the holidays, the Sandbar. Still there was a lot of boats in the Channel, Copper Canyon and Steamboat.

Take your pick for boating , a clear winner, I doubt it. Loved the green and the restaraunts of LOTO, hated the humidity and rain 3 out of 7 days. Havasu is hotter than hell, and except for the Topock Gorge, the scenery is somewhat bland, but the skys are typically always clear, along with the water!

Craig
Old 05-31-2002, 05:50 PM
XTRM22

What a great bunch of information, but the only really clear fact is you have way to much free time at work! I'll have to agree though, I'm sure it's hard to pick a clear cut winner. Although I would like to do a LOTO trip too sometime, it'd be nice to go to the lake on a big weekend and not have to worry about the LA gangbanger trash wandering through the channel. From the sound of things, EVERYBODY who took their boat out for Memorial Day weekend had fun (with the exception of a few tragedies nationwide) I know we did, even if it was just Lake Pleasant for a few hours, and that's what it's about. Now get back to work Mltdwn 12, the AC in my office just lagged, crank up that reactor it's getting warm in here!
Chuck

Old 05-31-2002, 07:59 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well you have to read the rule book that we made up. It has NOTHING TO DO with any statistics that are developed by the town. Not that Towns would lie about the numbers to help out with the tourist info. Plus there There were likely more boats in Party cove the ALL OF HAVASU!!!! Sorry but there IS NOT CONTEST WE KICKED HAVASU'S BUTT
Old 05-31-2002, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Jon has spoken........so let it be........we shall all bow down to his words........and so be it.

Buck
Old 05-31-2002, 08:18 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

WAITE A MIN DAMN IT I AM NOT FINISHED!!!!!!! Second if you stretch all the boats end to end at havasu you will maybe fill up the "cannal". Some of the boats at LOTO alone will fill up the Canal!!!! You guys have puddle boats for your puddle. LOTO had real boats you know like the 7 46+ high performance boats I counted. Lots and lots of Cigs, Manny Skaters, and a pontoon boat with a big block (not sure if it was the same one that ran the shootout last year that Waterfoul was telling me about) You got to understand THERE IS NOT COMMPETITION and I am from Boston so I could really care less
Old 05-31-2002, 08:58 PM
Registered

Jon,

I think you forgot to mention the "John" boat with the inboard V8 and jet drive. I think it's the one in the picture with Lane Frosty Balls on the bow. Now that's CLASS!!!

Nope, just checked the pic, wasn't it. But I saw one, I know it. And I wasn't that drunk either. I think.....

Buck

Last edited by buck183; 05-31-2002 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-31-2002, 09:37 PM
VIP Member

Buck183,
You were not seeing things. Yes there was an aluminum john boat with a small block/jet drive. I saw it up close because he backed into my boat and when he pulled away he sprayed us so I let him have it with the giant squirt gun!!!!
Old 05-31-2002, 11:21 PM
Registered

K, I was pretty sure it wasn't the liquor.

You're not saying his was bigger then yours are you?

Buck
Old 05-31-2002, 11:25 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Actually, there were two of them there (they were identical). I remember because the girls were working...um...for beads.
Old 06-01-2002, 12:25 AM
XTRM22

Originally posted by Audiofn
WAITE A MIN DAMN IT I AM NOT FINISHED!!!!!!! Second if you stretch all the boats end to end at havasu you will maybe fill up the "cannal". Some of the boats at LOTO alone will fill up the Canal!!!! You guys have puddle boats for your puddle. LOTO had real boats you know like the 7 46+ high performance boats I counted. Lots and lots of Cigs, Manny Skaters, and a pontoon boat with a big block (not sure if it was the same one that ran the shootout last year that Waterfoul was telling me about) You got to understand THERE IS NOT COMMPETITION and I am from Boston so I could really care less

Damn Jon, For a "moderator" and someone who could care less you spout some serious trash. I wasn't at either lake this Memorial Day but I had my 22' "Puddle Boat" out on Lake Pleasant,( a mere thimbal of water by your grand standard) but I saw 3 38' performance boats there, (are Hustlers, Sonics, and Sunsations performance boats or just bigger puddle boats?) I know that on Sunday there was at least one 90 mph Daytona on Pleasant, and a 114mph 22' Sport Cat out there, ahh but I digress these are more puddle boats for our puddles in the desert. We do however have a few Skaters,Cigs, and the occasional Spectre that show at Havasu, but they're probably just lost and can't find the Pacific.
Chuck

Last edited by XTRM22; 06-02-2002 at 12:10 PM.

Quick Reply: LOTO winner? Maybe, maybe not

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.