Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wilson Custom Marine........ (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/255720-wilson-custom-marine.html)

Coolerman 09-13-2011 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by wcmarine (Post 3502580)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8a2g...&feature=share

This is a great video that shows youjust how much water the drives still see even at high speeds.

FYI, the center of bullet is 2.5" above the bottom of the boat and we were running with neutral trim for this run.
-Jason Parvey

wcmarine 09-14-2011 08:11 AM

The video is great.... Now we need to do a video in exactly the same spot, once you have sent your drives to us!!!
AS you can clearly see the nose cone and all the skeg see water all the time. Just look at those beautiful Hering propellers gettting such terrible water!!! such a shame.

Craig

wcmarine 09-15-2011 01:55 PM

WCM will be at KEY WEST offshore powerboat races and Poker Run Village in November. We will be displaying a #6 drive and are trying to get an Ilmor Indy drive that are blueprinted so you can see them up close.
Our schedule is getting really busy over the winter with Drive blueprinting and boat setups. If you are thinking about sending your drives to us, please let us know a time frame so we can pencil you in to hold your slot.
I look forward to chatting with you!

Craig

BUP 09-15-2011 05:23 PM

Just wanted to ask as I have never heard of anyone doing or talk about Bravo's getting blueprinted. Thoughts & costs or is this not justifiable of gains versus costs. Thanks for your time and all of this info.

bwd 09-15-2011 06:58 PM

Had simular question in pm but no answer.

wcmarine 09-16-2011 08:56 AM

BUP, we have never worked on a Bravo (one) drive . I honestly believe we could do as much work on it as we do a sport master, but the one big problem we have is the black paint and grinding that off and repainting it. I would really have to sit down and see what the cost would be. Off the top of my head I would say the same as a Sport master. Performance wise, it would definetely help.
I hope this is what you are talking about. The XR sport master was our most popular drive we did 5-6 years ago, but now the NXT and 6 drive has surpassed it.
bwd... Im not sure i received your message, i know my inbox was full the other day and I just emptied it. Please send it to me again and I will respond.
Harp32Wil, im not sure what is under the sentence you copied and pasted, it just has "X" on it.
Guys, im sorry if I havent answered any questions correctly, in a timely fashion or anything else. We are extremely busy at the moment , and I do my best to keep this thread as informative as possible.

Craig

flight club 09-16-2011 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by wcmarine (Post 3504273)
WCM will be at KEY WEST offshore powerboat races and Poker Run Village in November. We will be displaying a #6 drive and are trying to get an Ilmor Indy drive that are blueprinted so you can see them up close.
Our schedule is getting really busy over the winter with Drive blueprinting and boat setups. If you are thinking about sending your drives to us, please let us know a time frame so we can pencil you in to hold your slot.
I look forward to chatting with you!

Craig

Pete will be sending you my drives for my new Skater, it is in paint now, getting it ready for the Miami boat show

wcmarine 09-16-2011 03:00 PM

Thats great Flight Club. Do you have a timeframe when Pete plans to send them?

Craig

flight club 09-16-2011 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by wcmarine (Post 3505075)
Thats great Flight Club. Do you have a timeframe when Pete plans to send them?

Craig

I'll be there next week. I'll let you know

BUP 09-17-2011 01:45 PM

WCM thanks again for the info. So now I know as to why never hearing of a Bravo getting done. Also some info back.

There is a guy who does outboard lower units plus he takes the the factory paint off mid point down from the bullet. He sands it, then primers it with yellow or whatever color you want as in primer.

Finishing off by lightly sanding calling the paint process done. The outboard crowd swears by his work blueprinting, nosecones and the primer work. Forgot what the average increase speed #'s are and his name plus if he's even in business anymore.

The primer job of the outboard lower units did look cool and professionally done from the pics I have seen. Just wanted to pass that on about the painting as you mentioned.

I have always heard that you guys done outstanding work on the 6 drives and others.