Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cats?Spectre or Eliminator (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25580-cats-spectre-eliminator.html)

Uncle Toys 06-03-2002 12:30 PM

Speed2Lead - You still haven't told us what size your looking at. If you decide to stay small and want big single engine, you probably need the center pod. Otherwise, I would stay with the one closest to your home. If something goes wrong, its a pain. But if the fix is on the other side of the country, could be a nightmare.

For what its worth, I talked to Bob Leach after the Oceanside race where they ran their new full tunnel for the first time. He told me, if you blindfolded him, he couldn't tell a difference between the two hulls.

Fountain38 06-03-2002 01:48 PM

I have a 28 eliminator daytona, with twin 500's. Just check out the workmanship on both boats, spectra cat and the eliminator.
I went to Florida to buy a spectra cat, but they have no cockpit space. No cabin space either. They are nice, but they are not an eliminator either. I have been to the factory in calif and met the owner, Bob Leach. He treated me very well as did everyone else from the detail boy to the salesman. Very professional group of people and very sharp. Quailty is outstanding. They gave me full room to roam anywhere in the factory just to see what is going on, or what they were building at the time. Impressive to say the least. My boat run well, its not the fastest on the lake but its very comfortable and stable. I have a new baby due in Aug and next summer I will not be hesitant to take the kid out on the lake and get him broke in right-----varoom=varoom:D :D

Donzi Corleone 06-03-2002 08:53 PM

It would be a 30ft. with twin 500`s.I like the idea of the factory so close to home,but isn`t the pontoons on the Spectre more straked then the Eliminator?As for the cabin,I performance boat so cabins are just a place for people to store more s#@t.When u buy a cat speed is the factor,amenities take a back seat.:D

KenP 06-03-2002 09:30 PM

I have a 2000 30 Spectre with inboards. The boat runs 100 every day. I do not think that you can remotely compare the Eliminator to the Spectre. These boats are worlds apart. Skater and Spectre are deep tunnel catamarans. Eliminator has a center sponson. This is a completely different design with different handling characteristics. The interior design for Eliminator is totally different with sit up seats. You need to sit in both boats and run these boats. I am selling the Spectre because I would like to upgrade to a bigger Skater.

straycat 06-04-2002 05:47 AM

Amen to Catmando. If you can go for the extra length also. I keep getting flashbacks of last year a freind running through bay in MD side by side with us (his 26, mine 31') 3-5 avg. going 60-70 he launched , stuffed and SANK. Scary stuff to see firsthand! Made me a believer that Bigger is better sometimes. Good Luck!

KiloKat 06-04-2002 08:00 AM

36spectre - Sounds like a nice boat with lots of power! Look forward to seeing it at the LOTO ShootOut.

36spectre 06-04-2002 08:09 AM

Most likely it will be the New Jersey shootout. We have a new baby and travel with a boat and baby out of state will surly be overuled by the "BOSS". But thanks for the kind words. Otto

eliminator219 06-04-2002 09:43 AM

Cats

Dont understand why you wouldn"t want a cabin if it comes along with the package. If you use it just for storage, thats up to you,but at least it's there. There has been times when I was heading back to my trailer when rain came out of nowhere, I know that My wife and little girl were glad to get out of it!!I wasn't so lucky,Buts thats boating!!
Granted its extra weight, and it may slow you down a bit,but if all you want is a race boat, just say so, dont use the BS that you dont need a cabin. If its free why not take it?
Don't mean to offend anyone, just my two cents worth!! Sorry..:D :D :D
eliminator219

salesmanship 06-04-2002 10:54 AM

All the boats you have mentioned are worthy of consideration but I'd like to plug the upcomming Nor-Tech 36'. If you have seen the 50 and like the styling, the 36 is just a smaller copy.
We are incorporating a taller and slightly wider tunnel, similar to our concept on the 50, that will give you a stable and drier ride.
We will feature a single (rather than F-16 style) fairing and windshield. Also included is space for a small cabin and head comp. Nothing lavish but a place if you need it. If anyone would like more info then please feel free to contact me @ 877-772-5507
Thanks
Terry Sobo

KiloKat 06-04-2002 12:27 PM

Terry - sounds real nice! Anxious to see one.