Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who has the best rates on freight? >

Who has the best rates on freight?

Notices

Who has the best rates on freight?

Old 06-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Who has the best rates on freight?

I need to have my rear hatch/bench combo shipped from the west coast to the east coast. Its not all that heavy, just an akward size. Looking for a reputable company that wont empty the pocket. As always, any insight is always greatly appreciated!
Old 06-14-2011, 06:25 PM
Registered

I do a lot of shipping of large and heavy things. I always use www.Freightcenter.com All you have to do is plug in the dimensions and weight of your item and it will give you about 10 choices of trucking companies and their rates to choose from. You can even pay on line and then print out your BOL. You can then either drop it off at your local terminal (which is the cheapest) or schedule a pick up. Very easy and the best rates I have found. Hope this helps.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Osageparty
I do a lot of shipping of large and heavy things. I always use www.Freightcenter.com All you have to do is plug in the dimensions and weight of your item and it will give you about 10 choices of trucking companies and their rates to choose from. You can even pay on line and then print out your BOL. You can then either drop it off at your local terminal (which is the cheapest) or schedule a pick up. Very easy and the best rates I have found. Hope this helps.
Sounds good, I will check it out. thanks for the help!!
Old 06-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I had a glass boat windshied sent from FL to SC and used Southeastern Freight, cost me $100.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Registered

Wow! Just checked that site out, super simple and the quotes are great! $150 bucks less than the cheapest guy on uship!