Notices

Muddy MO Flooding

Old 06-17-2011, 01:22 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear this happening to a fellow OSO'er. Do you have flood insurance? PM me if you need any help. I have been a flood adjuster for about 7 years now and have been to almost every major flood in the country in that time up until this year when I switched departements back to wind and hail.

Best of luck to you. I know how hard this is going to be on you. God bless you and yours.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Griff, in your 6-17-11 reply your link to all the pictures is incredible. The one that says boat dock & marina was right in front of my house, a stones throw. That entire building is completely gone including the trees
Old 08-17-2011, 01:21 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

It sad. I heard about the entire Cottonwood restaurant breaking loose and heading down river.
The river will never be the same and I doubt it will even be useable next year either.
I know you have a lot bigger concerns than boating right now. Water is supposed to go down and be back below flood stage by October, so hopefully you can start putting your life back together.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Went out looking today & saw the roof of what might be all thats left of cottonwood sitting in what looks like the middle of the river but I think it is stuck on the point of califonia bend. pretty trippy lots of trees down & 6" of muck everywhere. At least Obama declared wash county a disaster area so Fema is going to help at least some thank god.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:15 PM
Registered

How are thing looking now?
Old 10-20-2011, 03:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Randy whats the latest? Thoughts and prayer's to you all. Post up your address that your staying at. I'll bet some oso'rs will be happy to send out some love
Old 10-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

All the Marinas are trashed and I'm doubtful that any will even be open next year. If we are lucky, there will be few ramps open.

Here is some aerial video. The pretty much skipped the downtown Omaha area and 20 miles to the south of Omaha in the videos.

Randy's place would have been somewhere in the 4:25-4:40 range on the first video.
BTW, that a nuclear power plant at 3:55. Luckily it was already shut down for maintenance before the flood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl5Lm...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByPSK...layer_embedded
Old 10-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks for the show Griff. At .30 is dodge park as far as I can tell. At2.32 is just south of Fort Calhoun. At 3.57 the nuke plant. At 4.33 is Riverland campground & marina where I put my boats in also shows whats left of Cottonwood marina. If you have ever been there the rock dike on the bottom rt will give you an idea how much land was lost. All brown land on top of screen was prime farm ground & all underwater. At 4.40 two covered docks are marking where my house is back in the third row. The ground water from the minigolf course right behind my house rose with the river & blindsided everyone on the back row, my house was first then all the neighbors almost overnight. I have been working on salvage & demolition of my house its ready to burn as soon as my permit gets okd. Anyone want to come over for the ultimate bonfire?
Old 10-20-2011, 11:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Email is [email protected] . Believe it or not almost every lot that went up for sale since this flood has already been sold. My wife Kathy has been putting pics up on facebook if you want to see whats been going on look up her profile I cant figure out how to do it Im constupid stupid
Old 10-20-2011, 11:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Randy Nielsen
My Email is [email protected] . Believe it or not almost every lot that went up for sale since this flood has already been sold. My wife Kathy has been putting pics up on facebook if you want to see whats been going on look up her profile I cant figure out how to do it Im constupid stupid
there is an underscore after transman the underline does not show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.