Notices

Muddy MO Flooding

Old 10-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Griff those utube videos show a lot but it would be really cool if the helicopter could get closer to ground level you would see 5-10ft sandbars everywhere & huge cottonwood trees just up & flopped over I found my back steps 1/2 mile away intact but upside down
Old 10-23-2011, 09:33 AM
Registered

So are you going to rebuild then? Is it possible to put the house up on stilts for when it happens again? Seems like kind of a strange concept for the midwest but then again as often a it floods out there it may not be that bad of an idea.

Then again with the tornado's out there too I wouldn't want t be without a basement (unless you have storm cellar)...

Originally Posted by Randy Nielsen
... I have been working on salvage & demolition of my house its ready to burn as soon as my permit gets okd. Anyone want to come over for the ultimate bonfire?
Old 10-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I am planning on rebuilding, its in the works, I do have a storm cellar, & it may seem wierd but tornadoes tend to jump over the river the worst Ive seen is wall clouds,green skys,sideways hail,& a beer blown out of my hand. Now the county gets to come & inspect every little thing