Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   need help with load exhaust (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/256037-need-help-load-exhaust.html)

jbraun2828 06-17-2011 09:05 PM

need help with load exhaust

I got a ticket tonight for load exhaust. 101 db and I need to get to 90. It's a fix it ticket so I just need something temporary to pass the test. I ventured out from where I usually boat and got stopped so if stay out of that area after I pass the test I should be fine. I remember seeing some clear flexible tubing on a skater a long time ago that went under water during idle but I have no clue where to get something like that. I have 4 1/2 inch tips and would like something to just clamp on. Open to any idea's . Thanks for any help. Jason

RT930turbo 06-17-2011 09:11 PM

I've seen PVC pipes clamped to the tips and turned down to pass the test before... Home depot should have you covered. :drink:

Nightlife1970 06-17-2011 09:53 PM

Yep get you some schedual 40 PVC and make down turn that go under the water. Seen it done a couple of times.

Personally I just quit going to Grand Haven.

Raizorsedge 06-18-2011 07:02 PM

I went down to G.H. today and didn't have any problems. I got a set of slip in silencers that I put in before heading down there, they work great. I don't know if that would be an option on your setup though?

jbraun2828 06-18-2011 09:51 PM

I got the ticket down in Holland. I usually go out of grand haven and don't have any problems. That was the first and last time for me going to Holland. I've been through grand haven 6 or 7 times this year with no problems and cops even waving at me so I think they relaxed on the noise. I've never had a problem in muskegon either. So I just need to pass the test and stay away from Holland hopefully.

RaggedEdge 06-18-2011 10:17 PM

Drew Marine Shotgun Silencers. Do a great job, will not break the bank, and will not rob performance. Ran them on some blower engines and saw a 10+ DB drop at idle and no loss in performance. Believe they are still under 500 per set.

PhantomChaos 06-18-2011 10:49 PM

What the heck is "load" exhaust? :angry-smiley-038:

thirdchildhood 06-19-2011 07:59 AM

I've never seen any noise law enforcement on the sunrise side. You could get some Gibson clamp-ons for when you need them.

Raizorsedge 06-19-2011 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by jbraun2828 (Post 3432512)
I got the ticket down in Holland. I usually go out of grand haven and don't have any problems. That was the first and last time for me going to Holland. I've been through grand haven 6 or 7 times this year with no problems and cops even waving at me so I think they relaxed on the noise. I've never had a problem in muskegon either. So I just need to pass the test and stay away from Holland hopefully.

I've been down to G.H. twice this season, the first time I didn't have the slip-ins installed. They didn't give my boat or several others that were a lot louder than mine a second look. I've never had a problem so far, if I venture somewhere new I like to put them in to avoid getting hassled. I never have any problems here in Muskegon. Good luck.

Todd Hartigh 06-19-2011 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by jbraun2828 (Post 3431987)
I got a ticket tonight for load exhaust. 101 db and I need to get to 90. It's a fix it ticket so I just need something temporary to pass the test. I ventured out from where I usually boat and got stopped so if stay out of that area after I pass the test I should be fine. I remember seeing some clear flexible tubing on a skater a long time ago that went under water during idle but I have no clue where to get something like that. I have 4 1/2 inch tips and would like something to just clamp on. Open to any idea's . Thanks for any help. Jason

Do you live in town? Drew marines will knock the noise down but you will not get to 90 with them. I work on boats locally and make tips that will work for you. You have to manually open and close them but it takes less than 1 minute to open or close all 4. You are welcome to check mine out anytime! I live in Spring Lake.

My boat (black/white checkered Advantage) is 110+. With the exhaust closed, it is 84. Less noise than several cruisers...

Clean Cig by the way! Saw you guys coming back a few weeks ago. GH has been very relaxed with the noise lately...

Razor, we were down in your neck of the woods today. (Dockers)