Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   1000 Islands Poker run...Kinda bummed. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/256080-1000-islands-poker-run-kinda-bummed.html)

BigDadys93x 06-18-2011 07:33 PM

1000 Islands Poker run...Kinda bummed.

Went out this morning to see the boats off for the 1000 Isalnds Alex Bay poker run. I was really disappointed with the turn out . There was alot fewer boats than in years past. I honestly think there wasnt more than 30-35 boats. Alot of the ussuals were there including Aqua-Mania but I was really hoping to catch a glimpse of the new MY WAY. I heard he was out running the canadian side of the river in the morning but he didnt show up for the poker run. I hope this isnt a vision of things to come I would like to see the numbers back up to were they used to be. I remember back in the late 90's seeing upwards of 100-150 boats for both poker runs every year.

AB From Windsor 06-18-2011 07:55 PM

Big Daddy!

I was looking at a post in General Boating Discussion of "My Way" at the 2011 Bimini Challenge/OPA Race. It's to bad about the 1000 Island Run but I'm sure many events are experiencing lower boat counts because of the economy and the price of fuel, which effects everyone.

RaggedEdge 06-18-2011 09:39 PM

Did not make it to the Bay today myself so have no idea what the turnout was. 30 to 40 boats has been the number for a few years now, I do remember the big number years, years back I was always one of them.:drink: Just a sign of the times I guess.

paintman 06-19-2011 07:29 AM

just wait till the one in august......some good hardware out last yr

bluellama 06-19-2011 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor (Post 3432455)
Big Daddy!

I was looking at a post in General Boating Discussion of "My Way" at the 2011 Bimini Challenge/OPA Race. It's to bad about the 1000 Island Run but I'm sure many events are experiencing lower boat counts because of the economy and the price of fuel, which effects everyone.

The MyWay at Sunny Isles is the OuterLimits MyWay.
The run yesterday was the ABay Islands Run, not the main 1000 Islands Run that takes place in August.
MyWay had a few mechanical gremlins to sort out, should be out running soon. Early feedback is that it's a rocket....

AB From Windsor 06-19-2011 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by bluellama (Post 3432788)
The MyWay at Sunny Isles is the OuterLimits MyWay.
The run yesterday was the ABay Islands Run, not the main 1000 Islands Run that takes place in August.
MyWay had a few mechanical gremlins to sort out, should be out running soon. Early feedback is that it's a rocket....

I forgot about the "My Way" Outerlimits which was for sale and yes the Big Poker Runs America 1000 Island Poker Run in Kingston on Aug. 5-7.