Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
1000 Islands Poker run...Kinda bummed. >

1000 Islands Poker run...Kinda bummed.

Notices

1000 Islands Poker run...Kinda bummed.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1000 Islands Poker run...Kinda bummed.

Went out this morning to see the boats off for the 1000 Isalnds Alex Bay poker run. I was really disappointed with the turn out . There was alot fewer boats than in years past. I honestly think there wasnt more than 30-35 boats. Alot of the ussuals were there including Aqua-Mania but I was really hoping to catch a glimpse of the new MY WAY. I heard he was out running the canadian side of the river in the morning but he didnt show up for the poker run. I hope this isnt a vision of things to come I would like to see the numbers back up to were they used to be. I remember back in the late 90's seeing upwards of 100-150 boats for both poker runs every year.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Big Daddy!

I was looking at a post in General Boating Discussion of "My Way" at the 2011 Bimini Challenge/OPA Race. It's to bad about the 1000 Island Run but I'm sure many events are experiencing lower boat counts because of the economy and the price of fuel, which effects everyone.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Did not make it to the Bay today myself so have no idea what the turnout was. 30 to 40 boats has been the number for a few years now, I do remember the big number years, years back I was always one of them. Just a sign of the times I guess.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:29 AM
Registered

just wait till the one in august......some good hardware out last yr
Old 06-19-2011, 02:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
Big Daddy!

I was looking at a post in General Boating Discussion of "My Way" at the 2011 Bimini Challenge/OPA Race. It's to bad about the 1000 Island Run but I'm sure many events are experiencing lower boat counts because of the economy and the price of fuel, which effects everyone.
The MyWay at Sunny Isles is the OuterLimits MyWay.
The run yesterday was the ABay Islands Run, not the main 1000 Islands Run that takes place in August.
MyWay had a few mechanical gremlins to sort out, should be out running soon. Early feedback is that it's a rocket....
Old 06-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bluellama
The MyWay at Sunny Isles is the OuterLimits MyWay.
The run yesterday was the ABay Islands Run, not the main 1000 Islands Run that takes place in August.
MyWay had a few mechanical gremlins to sort out, should be out running soon. Early feedback is that it's a rocket....

I forgot about the "My Way" Outerlimits which was for sale and yes the Big Poker Runs America 1000 Island Poker Run in Kingston on Aug. 5-7.