Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone in the Lake Livingston Texas Area? >

Anyone in the Lake Livingston Texas Area?

Notices

Anyone in the Lake Livingston Texas Area?

Old 06-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive putten in my ski by the dam and there was a crap load of stumps. big lake but shallow even playing around on a ski i am not going back out there. ill stick to the lower conroe....
Old 06-22-2011, 10:59 PM
Registered

Ive been wanting to head to Livingston, I live in the cypress area. Ive been running around on Conroe and Somerville lately. If anyone heads out to Conroe / Somerville / Livingston, shoot me a PM and ill try to make it out.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:46 PM
Registered
VIP Member

how has the levels at somervill been? I wanna go out but ive hear its low also
Old 06-22-2011, 11:51 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in conroe but never boat on livingston. My Mother and Father in law live in evergreen which is pretty close to Livingston. They have the place on 150 with the giant fiberglass bull in front. I'd love to try Livingston but have also heard it is very unpredictable.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Registered

Anyone heading to the island this weekend? I know the 4th we are having a boat parade at Penwaugh Marina starting at 10...
Old 06-30-2011, 09:08 AM
Registered

I live in Cypress, Tx, and I am either heading to Sommerville or Livingston...

Conroe is going to be a mop bucket with all those jet skiers and inexperienced boaters...No Thanks!

A friend of mine has a 24' Cheetah Stilletto that he runs livingston on, I am putting faith in his knowledge of the lake to keep my boat intact...

As for the Island, did anybody make it to the Outlaw Challenge?
Old 06-30-2011, 10:57 AM
Registered

Man I wanted to go to Clear Lake but didn't make it. I heard there were some big boys down there. Maybe we will see you guys out there in Livingston.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Registered

Talking

Originally Posted by jctexas07
Man I wanted to go to Clear Lake but didn't make it. I heard there were some big boys down there. Maybe we will see you guys out there in Livingston.
Look for a 24' cheetah with purple flames/bones, and a baja with blue/red.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Registered

I live on Conroe too and fished tournaments on Livingston for years. We've been to Pine Island in the summer. I don't take the powerboats there and I know the Lake well. South of the 190 bridge is large and more wide open but deceiving because it looks like there would be nothing out there. Wrong. The water is usually clean and it's nice. He's right, a South wind makes it look like the Gulf. North of 190 you are limited to the boat lane (for the most part unless you KNOW where you're going) which is adequately marked if if you take your time the first time out. Waterwood is up there but that's about it and the water is always dirty. We have friends that have a house up there and there are some good crowds.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=merctwofive;3443121]I don't take the powerboats there and I know the Lake well. South of the 190 bridge is large and more wide open but deceiving because it looks like there would be nothing out there. Wrong. //QUOTE]

So tell me is that why you don't see big powerboats there? It sure looks like a huge body of water. I would love to blast around in the Fountain in Livingston but have never taken it there. Is the issue hitting stumps or hitting bottom out of nowhere?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.