Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   High performance boating (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/256163-high-performance-boating.html)

endeavor1 06-20-2011 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by TxHawk (Post 3433386)
Lets talk about trust. They say there going to change and they act really nice for a while so you plan a trip with them and all your friends. You get your hopes up and spend a lot more money and go out of town with them. She then throws a fit as soon as you get there ruining everyones weekend!

Every once in a while though, they through you a curveball and do everything that you hoped for and you are just ecstatic. Then you get urges that something bigger may be in the works and get nervous......... :lolhit:

Wobble 06-20-2011 01:49 PM

Saw that on jeepforum some time ago, I think it works better with boats though:drink:

"Originally Posted by MysticGringo
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.:"

BY U BOY 06-20-2011 02:55 PM

:drink:

Originally Posted by Wobble (Post 3433554)
Saw that on jeepforum some time ago, I think it works better with boats though:drink:

"Originally Posted by MysticGringo
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.:"

Yeah the one i had was with Land Rovers but after reading it i thought it suited boats much better. Also thought everyone here would get a kick out of it.:drink:

BY U BOY 06-20-2011 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by J.B. Marshall (Post 3433509)
Hi everyone, I am a high performance boater and I know I need help.... I will commit to vist this forum weekly for all of your support. :circle:

Weekly? If i don't check in every few hours I have to sniff some 110 and splash my face with salt water:grinser010:

In The Pink 06-20-2011 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by BY U BOY (Post 3433603)
Weekly? If i don't check in every few hours I have to sniff some 110 and splash my face with salt water:grinser010:

Does that work? :readinghelp:

BY U BOY 06-20-2011 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by In The Pink (Post 3433644)
Does that work? :readinghelp:

Only if you have had 6 or more beers:ernaehrung004:

MrSneakAttack 06-20-2011 04:45 PM

monday thru friday i hate my boat........but when im out on water its worth every penny and every scar.....i wouldnt trade it for anything......but a bigger and faster one :drink:

ECeptor 06-20-2011 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by TxHawk (Post 3433386)
Lets talk about trust. They say there going to change and they act really nice for a while so you plan a trip with them and all your friends. You get your hopes up and spend a lot more money and go out of town with them. She then throws a fit as soon as you get there ruining everyones weekend!

This is why a man should have 2, not 1. One to play nice and be sweet to family, friends and of course yourself. That one will take care of all your basic needs. The other is wide open fun and if it throws a fit, but it's ass on the truck in the parking lot and forget about it while it blows off steam and cools down. The only trick is getting them both to the lake at the same time.

***the above applies to both boats and women!

Cash Bar 06-20-2011 06:02 PM

Luckily I'm FLUENT in Crazy.

On BOTH counts.

I also speak drunkinese. Helps to soothe the crazy ones.

Cash Bar 06-20-2011 06:05 PM

I collected Harleys, custom and Factory, for years before boats.

I now tell people I gave up a hobby that made me think in hundreds AND thousands of dollars on a daily basis.

Now I have a hobby that makes me think in hundreds OF thousands of dollars on a daily basis.