Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
On board - in & out - of Red Reynolds beautiful Nor-Tech Super 80 roadster.. >

On board - in & out - of Red Reynolds beautiful Nor-Tech Super 80 roadster..

Notices

On board - in & out - of Red Reynolds beautiful Nor-Tech Super 80 roadster..

Old 06-21-2011, 12:24 AM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts
Default On board - in & out - of Red Reynolds beautiful Nor-Tech Super 80 roadster..

Back in December the Powerboat Magazine crew met up with Nor-Tech's very own Terry Sobo and after a nice tour of the factory, we drove north to Sarasota Bay for a first-look and ride in Red Reynolds outstanding 80' Nor-Tech Super 80 Roadster. I finally uploaded some personal video onto Youtube and thought I'd share. This thing is impressive to say the least. Owner Red Reynolds unfortunately could not be on hand to give us a personal tour and ride in the "Lady Lisa", however he left us his right hand man; captain and entertainment director - Doug Valentine to show us the ropes.

The whole story can be found in the latest issue of Powerboat Magazine and further info on this mamouth vessel can be found in my blog. http://www.powerboatmagazine.com/tank-sears-blog/

(Sorry for the poor audio quality...Something is wrong with my video camera)

Enjoy!

Running across Sarasota Bay:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BotcJP0D3vw[/YOUTUBE]

The amazing rooster tail!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7l_PnVjj9M[/YOUTUBE]

And down below while cruising at a cool 60 mph in the open ocean! Very nice!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqBwoKEjFcI[/YOUTUBE]

Some shots as well:

You can really get the idea of how large this thing is when you see someone standing on the back of the "Lady Lisa".

A still of the impressive rooster tail the twin 1,900-hp Caterpillar C32 ACERT diesel engines throw.

A panoramic shot of the master suite.

A shot of the salon.

And a shot of the helm.
Attached Thumbnails On board - in & out - of Red Reynolds beautiful Nor-Tech Super 80 roadster..-blog_tank_80nortech_docks.jpg   On board - in & out - of Red Reynolds beautiful Nor-Tech Super 80 roadster..-blog_tank_80nortech_rooster.jpg   On board - in & out - of Red Reynolds beautiful Nor-Tech Super 80 roadster..-blog_tank_80nortech_suite.jpg  

On board - in & out - of Red Reynolds beautiful Nor-Tech Super 80 roadster..-photo_1.jpg   On board - in & out - of Red Reynolds beautiful Nor-Tech Super 80 roadster..-photo_2.jpg  

Last edited by thisistank; 06-21-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:25 AM
Registered

Both guests rooms on the port and starboard side of the boat, under the cockpit. Both having their own private bath/shower. And a shot of my wife driving with Bob Teague looking on.
Attached Thumbnails On board - in & out - of Red Reynolds beautiful Nor-Tech Super 80 roadster..-photo_3.jpg   On board - in & out - of Red Reynolds beautiful Nor-Tech Super 80 roadster..-photo_4.jpg   On board - in & out - of Red Reynolds beautiful Nor-Tech Super 80 roadster..-photo_5.jpg  

Old 06-21-2011, 06:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

this is a georgeous boat, and I prefer the roadster over the first Blue hardtop model..
Old 06-21-2011, 06:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 136 Likes on 79 Posts

That thing is beyond words.
Watching it go by at speed was something to behold.

LARGE LARGE LARGE

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 06-21-2011, 06:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 569 Likes on 262 Posts

We saw it on the horizon in KW coming in last yr. A site to behold for sure!
Old 06-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jayboat
That thing is beyond words.
Watching it go by at speed was something to behold.

LARGE LARGE LARGE
Great photo Jay (as usual...). Yea, the boat is awesome. I spoke with Red Reynolds via emails and he seemed to be just as cool as the boat! And of course, for anyone that knows Doug Valentine (boats captain), no need to explain how cool he is!
Old 06-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Registered

A shot of one of the 4 heads. Some panoramic shots and a shot of Mr. Valentine himself.
Attached Thumbnails On board - in & out - of Red Reynolds beautiful Nor-Tech Super 80 roadster..-img_4010.jpg   On board - in & out - of Red Reynolds beautiful Nor-Tech Super 80 roadster..-dsc00828.jpg   On board - in & out - of Red Reynolds beautiful Nor-Tech Super 80 roadster..-dsc00834.jpg  

On board - in & out - of Red Reynolds beautiful Nor-Tech Super 80 roadster..-dsc00836.jpg   On board - in & out - of Red Reynolds beautiful Nor-Tech Super 80 roadster..-dsc00857.jpg  
Old 06-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome thanks
Old 06-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I cant even imagine the maintenance....and how long it takes someone he pays to buff it lol
Old 06-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Dumb question, but I don't see any bottom paint on her... she's certainly not launched and retrieved every time? Or maybe you just can't see it in these pic's? Unbelievable boat, thanks for sharing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.