Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ft Myers Offshore awards $ 12,000 in student scholarships (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/256487-ft-myers-offshore-awards-%24-12-000-student-scholarships.html)

Bobthebuilder 06-23-2011 08:58 PM

Ft Myers Offshore awards $ 12,000 in student scholarships

The Board of Directors of Ft Myers Offshore, Inc. ( FMO ) is pleased to announce the awarding of over $12,000.00 in student scholarships in keeping with the clubs mission statement. This is a record breaking amount for FMO, with 8 area students benefiting from the clubs student scholarship program this year.
The recipients are Tania Saade, Yenny Ramirez-Lee, Bailey Quinn and Laura Heben from Collier County as well as Krista McAlloose, Viktor Mak, Rebekah Foster and Esteban Arturo from the Lee County, FL school system.
We would like to thank the club membership for your continued support, our sponsors, the students and teachers who got involved as well as a special thank you to FMO director John Wilkinson ( OSO Specialized ) who heads up the scholarship committee. Everyone should feel very proud in doing what they can to further the educational goals of these young students.
We are looking forward to another great season in the waters of SW Florida when our schedule resumes in October.

Thank you kindly,

The Board of Directors, Ft Myers Offshore, Inc.

Bob Barnhart, Dan Davies, Hans Haedelt, Tom Cullen, John Wilkinson,, Joe Rutter and Jay Forbes

Maritime_Eng 06-23-2011 09:44 PM

Wow! That is awsome! Thanks to all of the board of directors for a great year! Already looking forward to next year!

Don and Amanda

bill63 06-24-2011 07:49 AM

That's great ... Can't wait for next years runs in the new Nor-tech...

Expat 06-24-2011 08:03 AM

That's really great. Nice to see a group of people putting the time, effort, and expense of their hobbie together to help others. Good job to all.

Interceptor 06-24-2011 08:08 AM

You guys bring a lot of class to our sport.

CigDaze 06-24-2011 08:40 AM

Bob and crew,
That's fantastic! Way to go and congrats!
That's what it's all about.

Bob and FMO are one of the classiest, coolest, and most fun boating clubs around and I'm thankful to have had the pleasure of running with these guys a good number of times. I look forward to doing it again soon!

searaycer 06-24-2011 08:41 AM

Bob, look forward to meeting you and the rest of the crew..lets have some fun!

Bobthebuilder 06-24-2011 10:11 AM

Thank you all for the kind comments. I'm sure I speak for our entire 7 member Board of Directors when I say that. It is a fun group to be a part of and has been interesting to see this regional Club grow from a few guys getting together 5 years ago to 140 members with about 50 boats currently. We welcome visitors to the area in season when the club has any one of it's 6 fun runs between October and May.
Again, thanks.
Bob