If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

ASD 6 surface drives

I am in the process of exploring bravo replacements and found the new ASD 6 surface drives with extension boxes. I have a 42 fountain with triples the motors I have are 850hp each. These drives can handle up to 1000hp max. My concerns are the lift of the boat has anybody had any experience with these drives before I spend 40k?

Mike J
    You Might check in on the
    WEISMANN drives also,
    Pat or find "Shifter"
    on this board someplace
    and ask direct.
    Mike J.

The Arneson Drive sounds like the best alternative out there for a reliable drive unit that works.

I see that Fountain offers these drives as an option on their new 42' Lighting as well as the wide body cruisers.

Your boat should work very well with the Arneson's.

Their Web site is

those drives are fine on lift let me tell you, i have a 27' sutphen rumrunner with twin high performance 406's and the arneson asd6 drives god they are great taking off and at top speed and cruising, arneson makes these stabilizers for the drives that you might want to consider.

Flemington, N.J. U.S.A
    THere is a guy here in NJ that has Arnesons on his 39 sutphen with 800-900hp and I'm told he loves them . I think he took them off his old boat and put them on his new sutphen when he had it built .