Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Happy 4th to all, special 40th to us (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/257014-happy-4th-all-special-40th-us.html)

PARADOX 07-01-2011 08:42 AM

Happy 4th to all, special 40th to us

5 Attachment(s)
This 4th will be a little more special for us. It’s my family’s 40th anniversary arriving to the US and finally achieving freedom from a Communist regime. We always celebrate the 4th with happiness and tears. I am always grateful to my parents for taking the risk and providing the opportunity to me and my sister to live in a free Nation. We had good times and bed. It wasn’t easy and took hard work.
We never had our hands out, not one dime from the Gov. and took some time to enjoy the fruits of our labor. Looking back on the past 40 years, I can say we had a good and happy life. But best of all we were and are FREE.
There is no substitute for Liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
I wish everyone a happy 4th of July, and let’s not forget what we got, and where we are.

(allow me to share a few News paper clippings.)
Thx
Peter
Attachment 452093

Attachment 452094

Attachment 452095

Attachment 452096

Attachment 452097

arandaz 07-01-2011 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by PARADOX (Post 3442979)
This 4th will be a little more special for us. It’s my family’s 40th anniversary arriving to the US and finally achieving freedom from a Communist regime. We always celebrate the 4th with happiness and tears. I am always grateful to my parents for taking the risk and providing the opportunity to me and my sister to live in a free Nation. We had good times and bed. It wasn’t easy and took hard work.
We never had our hands out, not one dime from the Gov. and took some time to enjoy the fruits of our labor. Looking back on the past 40 years, I can say we had a good and happy life. But best of all we were and are FREE.
There is no substitute for Liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
I wish everyone a happy 4th of July, and let’s not forget what we got, and where we are.

(allow me to share a few News paper clippings.)
Thx
Peter
Attachment 452093

Attachment 452094

Attachment 452095

Attachment 452096

Attachment 452097

That's pretty wild. Happy fourth to you.

And everyone else be safe especially on those bigger lakes and rivers!

PARADOX 07-01-2011 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by arandaz (Post 3443065)
That's pretty wild. Happy fourth to you.

And everyone else be safe especially on those bigger lakes and rivers!

Thanks.. And be safe off shore too.. on those real big lakes. :)

AB From Windsor 07-01-2011 07:09 PM

Happy July 4th to all my American friends and OSO Members.

HabanaJoe 07-02-2011 10:25 AM

What a great story, glad you are here fellow magyar!

PARADOX 07-02-2011 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe (Post 3443631)
What a great story, glad you are here fellow magyar!

Thanks.

There are a few other Magyar around here. :)