Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sbi Factory 2 Fast Or Fiction? >

Sbi Factory 2 Fast Or Fiction?

Notices

Sbi Factory 2 Fast Or Fiction?

Old 05-22-2002, 11:21 AM
NYSpeeddemon

Default Sbi Factory-2 Fast Or Fiction?

First I would like to say i am new to the site and I think it's great. I have been reading all of the posts regarding the SBI race and the possibility of cheating. I have been jumping back and forth from the SBI site to the APBA site and I must say it does appear there may be something going on. If you look at the average speeds of F-2 in SBI and F-2 in APBA there is a susbstancial differance actually 5 tp 6 MPH. From talking to people at both events the water was about the same. NOW HERE IS THE INTERSTING PART! Muscle Racing is a SUPER V with (Twin 1000s I believe). Invensys Fountain is a factory 2 with (twin 500's). Now there average speed is only 2 miles an hour less then the super V's. I have a hard time with this. I am dialing in my 37 Outerlimits with twin staggered 500 efi's. I am planing to start racing it in June in SBI. I promise you, If they want my boat in there circuit the first 3 boats are going to be dynoed or I will be putting up my checkbook for The $2500 to have the winners motors torn down. I did not just get done spending over $400k to get beat by racer's using questionble methods or "Bumping it up" as another member referred to in an earlier post.

SUPER V WINNER AVG.SPEED
V-2 Muscle 84.9 85.5 83.7 86.1 27.0 85.11

FACTORY 2 WINNER AVG. SPEED
F2-15 Invensys Fountain 83.2 84.6 85.2 79.4 27.0 83.08

Last edited by NYSpeeddemon; 05-22-2002 at 12:06 PM.

Old 05-22-2002, 02:51 PM
Kent Perroux

Spend that protest money on having your engines CRE certified and sealed, then you can race APBA F2 with dynoed engines the same as everyone else you are racing against. Might even have money left over to buy all those beautiful women on here some drinks...

Old 05-22-2002, 03:08 PM
Boat Girl

Okay this is the 4th time I have seen this post and or thread...I have a question...and this is me just thinking out loud, it is very easy to point out problems or flaws, but how about being part of a solution rather than a problem...If you guys could run the F2 program how would you do it...rather that CRE or Dyno...It seems CRE is working for APBA and that is great for APBA, but it seems to be very expensive, and the monopoly of only having one shop could have a timing factor...Sooo, tell me guys how would you do it...I went to college in Missouri...so in the spirit of their state motto...SHOW ME

Last edited by Boat Girl; 05-22-2002 at 03:23 PM.

Old 05-22-2002, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if reggie says it's ok--break out that propshaft dyno
Old 05-22-2002, 04:56 PM
Boat Girl

JFM- Just a question, can the prop shaft dyno be fooled...several people on similar threads have said yes...so is there a better way besides CRE...

Old 05-22-2002, 05:19 PM
Registered

Default Thought processes of a simple guy reading a rulebook

lemme see, rules state I gotta make maximum torque somewhere below 5400rpm, and I gotta make it go away somewhere between the racecourse and the dyno...yea, I can do that.

Rules DON'T SAY I CAN'T.

Humnn, can't alter the machined surfaces...
rules DON'T SAY I CAN'T ALTER THE *UNMACHINED* ones.

It's usually what the rules DON'T SAY ya gotta play around with.

Now, I COULD be WRONG,
but from where I usually stand,
it LOOKS like the only thing rules
that attempt to level the playing field
actually accomplish
is to allow the guy in last place
to finish on the same lap
as the winner.

AND, it would APPEAR
the P-classes have replaced
the F-classes as the
ENTRY LEVEL ones.
Old 05-23-2002, 08:43 AM
Registered

BG it's real simple--run F2 like a claimer class--whats the price of a brand new hp500 turnkey--20k plus---the rule is if another competitor in your class wants your motor--he puts the 20k plus--that would even the playing field--if your not cheating,the worst thing thats going to happen is you get a new motor-john
Old 05-23-2002, 09:07 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Thought processes of a simple guy reading a rulebook

Originally posted by Ruben Bermudez
lemme see, rules state I gotta make maximum torque somewhere below 5400 rpm......
OK - so an engine like this is legal

3500rpm: 420 ft/lb = 280 hp
4000rpm: 480 ft/lb = 366 hp
4500rpm: 520 ft/lb = 446 hp
5000rpm: 520 ft/lb = 495 hp
5400rpm: 486 ft/lb = 500 hp

But, so is this engine (if you can build it):

3500rpm: 520 fl/lb = 347 hp
4000rpm: 560 ft/lb = 427 hp
4500rpm: 580 ft/lb = 497 hp
5000rpm: 525 ft/lb = 500 hp
5400rpm: 486 ft/lb = 500 hp

Is that a fair fight out of the turns or on short straights?

There IS a difference between "equivalent" and "equal". Horsepower/torque at one point is meaningless. It's the area under the curve that counts when it comes to acceleration.
Old 05-23-2002, 09:33 AM
Boat Girl

JFM it sounds good to me, but if its that simple, how come nobody is doing it and nobody wanted to take the 25K challenge laid down by an F2 racer...I like the idea...but are configs the same in all the different boats, I dont know...

Old 05-23-2002, 09:49 AM
Registered

NYSpeed,
If I were you I wouldn't expect to come close to a 35 Fountain with your Outerlimits. You can ask Marcus and David about your boat in calm water because it isn't fast enough. In rough water your boat will compete. I don't understand why people are comparing F2 apba to F2 SBI.
F2 SBI is the same as SVlite in APBA and if you look the speeds they are the same. Maybe you should go to the Fountain factory and take a 35 for a ride and see the speed. I believe Steven David on the speed of his boat after racing against him for two races this year. Don't get me wrong I am a Cigarette guy but they are very fast in calm water and have out tested all the competition. They have been running a canopied 35 for 4 years and Cigarette has only built 2.
Brett
F230
PS Roger you had the right setup in Fort Myers and your boat looked good. I will see you in Marathon.

Quick Reply: Sbi Factory 2 Fast Or Fiction?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.