Spectacular Fireworks Show-Boston

Notices

Spectacular Fireworks Show-Boston

Old 07-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Spectacular Fireworks Show-Boston

I enjoyed watching and listening to the Fireworks Show over Boston Harbor tonight. CBS carried a live broadcast of the event. It was the most spectacular fireworks show this country boy has ever seen! I am wondering if any of our OSO'rs were floating in the spectator fleet nearby. If anyone was there, please tell us about the experience. I think I would be willing to drag my boat to Boston to see this event live next year.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:30 PM
It's a Wicked Rush!!!
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking the same thing. Saw it back in the 80's from the top of the Pru'.....always wondered what it would be like droppin the rig in the Charles and checking it out from the harbour. My bro lives down there. I'll have to get the details!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live app. 7 miles south of Boston. I've attended the fireworks, but never went thru the locks. Always anchor next to the Constatuion(sp) , after the EVENT pull anchor and I'm home in 1/2 hr. If you go up river it can be a zoo, on time years ago the locks broke, many friends had to keep their boats there for about a month !!! "HIGH LIFE"
Old 07-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HIGH LIFE
I live app. 7 miles south of Boston. I've attended the fireworks, but never went thru the locks. Always anchor next to the Constatuion(sp) , after the EVENT pull anchor and I'm home in 1/2 hr. If you go up river it can be a zoo, on time years ago the locks broke, many friends had to keep their boats there for about a month !!! "HIGH LIFE"
Couln't they pull them up river?

I have seen them a few times from shore and they are great. When my son is older I may try and go by water but it seems like a lot of hasle....